+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: I didn't want us in the playoffs this season anyway!

Well beating a poor Boro team is a start and if Lawrence can be consistent AND be played in his best position he may yet be the player we know he can be and on the pitch at least justify the clubs hypocritical stance in relation to keogh!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well beating a poor Boro team is a start and if Lawrence can be consistent AND be played in his best position he may yet be the player we know he can be and on the pitch at least justify the clubs hypocritical stance in relation to keogh!
    I think it will be safe to book ones holiday after the 2nd May next year!

More performances like that and Cocu will be able to take a long holiday!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    More performances like that and Cocu will be able to take a long holiday!!
    All will be fine once Roonet arrives..apparently!

We cant afford to sack Cocu and it wont happen unless we are threatened with relegation.

All will be fine once Roonet arrives..apparently!

We cant afford to sack Cocu and it wont happen unless we are threatened with relegation.
    One could ask why a striker was tackling in his own penalty area, but the answer is obvious, making sure we dont creep towards the play offs by default!

So another Saturday and another horror show! Still optimistic AR now that we are 11 pts off 6th place and sliding down the league faster than the days of Clough Jnr?

So another Saturday and another horror show! Still optimistic AR now that we are 11 pts off 6th place and sliding down the league faster than the days of Clough Jnr?
    Optimistic? Not particularly...but definitely not a defeatist wrist slasher either like some.

I’m optimistic that we won’t go down and that Cocu will come good.

This window is looking crucial and I accept that January is rarely the best time to strengthen. We are, as you say, eleven points off the top six and the top two are already out of sight imo, but with so much of the season left I wouldn’t write anything else off.

By coincidence Man. City are also eleven points behind Liverpool but I don’t see anyone awarding Liverpool the title with more than half the season to go.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-12-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Optimistic? Not particularly...but definitely not a defeatist wrist slasher either like some.

I’m optimistic that we won’t go down and that Cocu will come good.

This window is looking crucial and I accept that January is rarely the best time to strengthen. We are, as you say, eleven points off the top six and the top two are already out of sight imo, but with so much of the season left I wouldn’t write anything else off.

By coincidence Man. City are also eleven points behind Liverpool but I don’t see anyone awarding Liverpool the title with more than half the season to go.
    Not sure what Man City and Liverpool have got to do with it! In any case most pundits are of the view that Liverpool won't throw away an 11 pt lead, but with quality teams anything is possible.

I admire your optimism, but avoiding relegation is that the level we are at? Not sure how many excuses we can trot out - but the signs are disturbing - we self destruct, we are toothless in attack and a couple of good loans may stem the decline but the season's over and IMO we are in real danger of being sucked into a relegation battle.

Cocu come good? What in his past record leads you to believe that he will?

Being realistic, and I can point to posts in September pre drink gate and injuries where I expressed concern that we had a lack of firepower and the tactics were uninspiring and couldn't see us going anywhere, is not wrist slashing its a recognition we have a bang average manager and a less than average team.

There comes a time when even the most optimistic person has to admit when its fallen apart and the fact your now saying we will avoid relegation, is a sign you have revised your expectations.

Its the hope that kills you. No I didn't expect a late surge into the play offs, my glasses aren't as rose tinted as RA's!! But I did kind of hope we'd turned the corner, even gave the team leeway against Northampton on the basis of many chnages but to lose at ****ing Luton?!

Then Cocu says the defence isn't doing as expected? No **** sherlock! WE are absolute ****e!!

I desperately want to give Coco time but I wonder if we can afford to waste that time?? With the likelihood of EFL sanctions looming we need points not crap talk!! This needs some sign that the guy knows what he is doing but his post match reports are getting into fantasy land. Mel might need to sharpen his axe!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)