+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I didn't want us in the playoffs this season anyway!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I didn't want us in the playoffs this season anyway!

Ah well saves all that false expectation in May!

I'm saying nothing other than something has to change.......soon!

Typical London performance...can’t remember the last time we won there.
    Still only October and only six points off the play offs.

P.S. I know we’re not very good but we’ve got a better record than Johnson...P8 L8.

We're just going to have to accept we're rebuilding

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    We're just going to have to accept we're rebuilding
    Transition my a**e! As Jim Royle might say.
    Wake up! Mel has selected a European coach.
    Cocu is not a manager in the English meaning of the word for the English game.
    He's Derby's Dr. Venglos.
    Replace him now!
    Or prepare to suffer a relegation battle.
    I suggest Paul Simpson. He'd kick this lot into shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzy View Post
    Replace him now!
    Why, because he played for us in the 90's? What's wrong with a European coach? Do you know who manages the top clubs in this country? He does have support from people within the English game. Maybe Mike Bassett would suit?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Why, because he played for us in the 90's? What's wrong with a European coach? Do you know who manages the top clubs in this country? He does have support from people within the English game. Maybe Mike Bassett would suit?
    Little bit harsh ther Adi. Simmo managed the England U20s to World Cup success in 2017. Could he translate that to club football? He was assistant to SmC so knows some things that work and has also seen what doesn't.......

On the other hand there is the old adage of never going back and he has been here twice, once as a player and once as assistant manager........

Of the DCFC old boys out there, he probably has more claim to a go at the job than most. Johnno and Chris Powell are both coaching England sides now but neither has the right experience yet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzy View Post
    Replace him now!
    Is Nozzy short for Nottingham by the way

Just got back this is looking s serious to me No desire at all ,I've got no clue what system were trying to play at all If Cocu continues with Lawrence ,Zoon, Martin, Patterson etc then we will definitely end up in a relegation scrap Just the same as the Brentford game or even worse ,could have been seven today . Find it hard to name three worse teams than us . Two shots in 90mins is not acceptable , Will be interesting to see what MA scores are this week ,I wouldn't be giving anybody above four and only two for Patterson, Martin, Waghorn, Bogle , Lawrence, Clark, Davies . Only three players showed any interest Beilic, Malone and Shinnie unfortunately none of them can pass a ball like Huddleston There was a chap sat next to my wife and he was there with his wife and two young lads. The was telling us he had work a night shift Friday and paid £72for tickets and £90 in bus fares for a treat for one of the lads birthdays They came from Belper and went to Charlton instead of Meadow Lane oh to be a ram

Just watched a vlog on youtube (Alex Allen) and there's not a ounce of anger present in the crowd,, that just about sums up the support for that lot, can't even be bothered to care about it,

Fans on phones laughing with their mates as we're 3-0 down lol

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)