Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Not sure about your appraisal of Cocu, Swale.
He’s an intelligent and vastly experienced football man who has hardly had the best of luck since he took over.
Not only has the club struggled/proved unable to replace three players now deemed to be of Premiership quality, but we’ve had ‘JoinersGate’, the long term loss of our captain/defensive rock and disruptive injuries to three crucial players in Bogle, Huddlestone and Marriott.
I know it’s been a disappointing first two months of the season but I reckon any new manager would have struggled given those circumstances.
For me the drinking episode is a sign that all is not well in how Cocu is running things at the club, its indiscipline pure and simple and not a good sign.

Who would have thought Huddlestone would get injured? Couldn't have seen that one coming!Cocu made a player captain who will most likely not be playing in 50% of the games again bad judgement/management.

Players being played out of position, no indication that there is a clear tactical aim, or if there is the players sure as hell don't seem to know it and very worrying signs of players not having any togetherness on the pitch, no fight, fragile confidence, lack lustre performances - can't all be blamed on injuries and lack of form in my book.

I may be proven wrong but as we approach November all I see is a manager who is negative and severely limited in his tactical approach.

As for his record as a manager, mm where exactly has he pulled up any trees? Moderately successful with one Dutch club, total failure elsewhere, not that he has had that many other clubs!

Mel's dropped the ball with this appointment, somebody sold him the lie that Cocu was some wonder total football Dutch manager, which he clearly isn't and has neither the experience or know how for the championship.