+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Defence

Our Defence

Today just sums up Robbies failure over the last few weeks, a title winning team will always first and foremost have a solid defence, which gives the rest of the team the confidence to go out and do what they are good at, unfortunately we are sadly lacking at the back, 2 injured players only (Connolly and Robson) and we are looking like a team that would fight off relegation, Watson is a liability, Brown is mediocre at best and Smith is getting played out of position because Robble has not got cover for right back which is bad management when building a squad capable of winning this Mickey Mouse league, After the start we had the sky is falling in on us and we will be lucky to get a play off place, changes in tactics have to be made now. Or we can forget promotion for years to come.

How the f ucks Sprole no at LB though? Smiths been outstanding at RB

Spot on ( Ask Robbie)

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    How the f ucks Sprole no at LB though? Smiths been outstanding at RB
    This^^

Missing Connolly and Robson

Brown and Watson should not be in the team really

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Today just sums up Robbies failure over the last few weeks, a title winning team will always first and foremost have a solid defence,
    The mistakes started at the start of the season when Bouhenna, Frans and Booth were allowed to depart. Even when Booth came back to train after his failed move he could have been signed up.

The signs were there that some were fragile on plastic, and we really should have had proper cover for that, or are we to accept we will ship 12 points because of that! Not a chance when others can go there and get results.

I always said not to let Booth go.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Missing Connolly and Robson

Brown and Watson should not be in the team really
    Agree RE: Watson, simple change Smith stays at RB and Sprole who we signed as LB plays at LB, Neilson doesnt see this for some reason

The posters who think it will all work out when Connolly returns are in for a shock.I said all summer a centre half was a must and i meant a good one.To be fair i did say that the Shankland signing was a game changer but added a good centre half now and we can win the league.
    I stick by what i said pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The posters who think it will all work out when Connolly returns are in for a shock.I said all summer a centre half was a must and i meant a good one.To be fair i did say that the Shankland signing was a game changer but added a good centre half now and we can win the league.
    I stick by what i said pre season.
    Connolly’s a liability, and can’t believe people want/think we’ll improve when he’s back, feck me!!!

As others have said, Neilson’s weaknesses are now being exposed, and sadly, we’ll relinquish this league after such a great start. Tactics and team selection by our stubborn manager will see to that, for sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)