+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crewe Swindon 3-1

Crewe Swindon 3-1

Strenght, character, determination, awareness. In a word (or better in two words): Crewe Alexandra. Match's stats are impressing, but not from today. The most beautyful image of today's game is the exultance after the second Chris Porter's goal, all the guys sliding together on the ground. Come on!

a brilliant team performance today and backed by a very vocal crowd, Think we had a case for 2 stonewall penalties also. Seen some of the best foot ball today from our emerging stars

Can't say that I thought Perry was MOTM tho'. It should have been Lowery or Wintle.
    Hope Hunt isn't badly injured- have a lot more confidence in him than Lancashire.

Pez had a good game, but then so did pretty much all of the outfield players -Will didn’t but only because he had the sort of afternoon keepers must dream of!

For me Wintle was MotM, ran the game in the first half when we were on top but they were defending pretty well. As we got better and they got tired he had less to do - but hardly puts a foot wrong these days. Superb player at this level.

And leaving the ground the crowd at the GR end were magnificent- made you feel to be an Alex fan on Saturday.

Wintle was my MoM as well. Before last Xmas he didn't impress me but since then he has come on leaps and bounds.

I suppose it was Bakes (and possibly SD) who found him and I would like to know how you can spot a lad playing for Alsager and say he has a chance