+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Haringey vs Yeovil abandoned due to racism

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    To think no racism goes on at all at Notts is pure madness (but if you suggest it put your tinfoil hat on because you'd think the accusation of it was worse than actually doing it), you only have to look at our aging fan base and that almost guarantees some fans in the ground will be saying and thinking things that were perfectly fine when they were growing up but not any more, which isn't exactly on the same level as hurling racist abuse at players but it's still racism.
    I've personally heard racist abuse at a Notts match. Quite a few years ago at an away match (can't remember which one) an old lady started screaming "Lazy n*****s" at our own black players. The good thing was that she was immediately shut down by the fans around her. One guy in particular was very vocal in telling her it wasn't appropriate. I doubt anyone reported her at the time as it was dealt with so swiftly, but if she was a big burly bloke instead of a little old lady I wonder if people would have been so quick to challenge.

Not sure if you will be able to view this on here, but here is the video from the game. Can clearly see a bottle being thrown at the keeper right at the start of video.

https://www.facebook.com/yeo.glover....6883077402307/

The 2 at the front, with glasses on probably. Clearly hear them both shouting "Come on then bin bag,come on"

Being fat isn't a race, nor is being Scouse, which Karl Robinson did half jokingly tell a Notts fan he was being racist for calling him a "scouse *****"

To think no racism goes on at all at Notts is pure madness (but if you suggest it put your tinfoil hat on because you'd think the accusation of it was worse than actually doing it), you only have to look at our aging fan base and that almost guarantees some fans in the ground will be saying and thinking things that were perfectly fine when they were growing up but not any more, which isn't exactly on the same level as hurling racist abuse at players but it's still racism.
    So you can read minds now can you! What a pathetic thing to say, you've just branded not only Notts fans but nearly everyone over a certain age as racist! Pratt.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    So you can read minds now can you! What a pathetic thing to say, you've just branded not only Notts fans but nearly everyone over a certain age as racist! Pratt.
    See what i mean about tin hats? No surprise you're the one first to be outraged (yet again, although at least you don't seem to think I'm singling you out personally this time) at the suggestion SOME fans may come out with things that are unnacceptable these days. It was only about a week ago someone on Notts mad used the term "chinks" to describe Chinese people...

If you don't think some people from older generations may think/talk differently to newer generations and therefore may hold views or say things that are no longer PC I'd say you either ARE the older generation and don't realise it, or you don't interact with many older folk.

I've highlighted the key words for you, I know you tend to struggle

See what i mean about tin hats? No surprise you're the one first to be outraged (yet again, although at least you don't seem to think I'm singling you out personally this time) at the suggestion SOME fans may come out with things that are unnacceptable these days. It was only about a week ago someone on Notts mad used the term "chinks" to describe Chinese people...

If you don't think some people from older generations may think/talk differently to newer generations and therefore may hold views or say things that are no longer PC I'd say you either ARE the older generation and don't realise it, or you don't interact with many older folk.

I've highlighted the key words for you, I know you tend to struggle
    So you can read minds and you know what people from a different generation were taught growing up. TW@T . l know you tend to struggle. No emoji.

People in america used to refer to slaves as n*ggers, do you think once slavery was abolished everyone stopped using that term instantly or do you think some carried on? It doesn't take mystic Meg to work out that some people will still use terms that are no longer acceptable, as I said, all it takes is a quick browse on this forum and you can find someone using the term chink.

People in america used to refer to slaves as n*ggers, do you think once slavery was abolished everyone stopped using that term instantly or do you think some carried on? It doesn't take mystic Meg to work out that some people will still use terms that are no longer acceptable, as I said, all it takes is a quick browse on this forum and you can find someone using the term chink.
    Actually, it wouldn't take a genius to guess what I'm thinking now.

'Twas me youth ....... Just a Pommie b'stard letting you know a few more. Slopes/Nips (Japanese), Dago (Spanish/Portugese) Four by Two's (Jews) Taffs (Welsh) Paddy's (Irish) etc. I also like the Hartlepool FC club tie with the hanging monkey logo to denote their nickname ..... The Monkey hangers. Of course some words today are rightly classed as offensive .... especially the 'N' word - but when does all this liberal PC bollox end? A Chairman is now a 'chair', a batsman a batter, a spokesman a spokesperson, and a blackboard suddenly turns into a chalkboard ..... unbelievable!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast