+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferguson to Spurs?

Ferguson to Spurs?

Let’s hope this doesn’t go the way of berahino

I’d love to see him stay a few years but think he may be off especially with his contract running out

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ansfer-target/

I heard yesterday he’s about to sign a new four year deal with us.

These clubs have the money to go out and buy players willy nilly. We rely on bargains and the academy, as soon as we produce decent players these big clubs are after them before they have played ten games.
    Why is it always us?
    Hodgson, Ashworth, Izzy Brown, Berahino.
    Ok if they have been here a few good seasons like Bryan Robson and Hartford, but its getting ridiculous now.

Obviously it's not just us, it just seems to be as we follow us not others.
    Izzy Brown hasn't set the football world alight has he?
    It ain't gonna change.
    I read he was signing a new contract Mick. That, of course, doesn't mean he won't go, but we could get more for him.

Put it this way. It's like trying to build a castle while people keep knocking it down before it's finished.
    We lost Hodgson when 'Arry was available, we could have got away with that but they then took Ahworth as well. We struggled from that point on.
    Last season we lost Barnes in January and bang went our chances of promotion. Diangana will probably be gone this January and if Ferguson goes too we will wobble.
    Now take Wolves, they made some cracking signings in the Championship, many of them loans, i don't recall any of the parent clubs wanting them back.
    Nuno has proved to be a very good manager, getting a seventh place finish, a cup semi and qualification to the Europa League in only his second season afer he p!$$ed the championship.
    Yet no one has shown any interest in him at all, despite clubs like Man United and Chelea needing a manager.
    Neves is a cracking player, yet again nobody has shown any interest.
    Yet we have a few kids who start the season well and clubs start circling like vultures.
    You sure it's just not us Chris?
    Maybe our owner isn't as tough as other owners in telling them to bugger off. Maybe we are seen as an easy touch.
    Whatever, it's holding us back and the reason why we are back in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I heard yesterday he’s about to sign a new four year deal with us.
    Doesn't mean he won't leave in that period though. Just become a more valuable asset to the club.

That’s a good post Des.

The difference with Wolves ( I suspect ) is the dynamic between Fosun,Nuno and Mendes the Super agent who gets the players to Wolves.

Mendes is like a Svengali and seems to hold power over a lot of the players he brings in,maybe it’s a cultural thing.

I dislike immensely this stockpiling of players by top clubs.

American Football have a better system in this regard in that each club is only allowed so many players on its roster.

If clubs were all told across Europe that they were allowed a 25 Man first team squad and they were limited as to how many players under 20 they could have on their books it’d help.

I also think that clubs below the Prem who have sold a player under the age of 20 should be entitled to 50% of that players next transfer fee and 25% of every subsequent sale to make sure money filtered down the leagues in a better way.

There should also be a rule that says the player remains on loan at their existing club until the end of the FOLLOWING season so as not to derail the selling club.

The downside of a super agent like Mendes who is not employed by Wolves is that he could tout players to other clubs for a slice of the pie. He is also Nuno's agent as well i believe.
    But i only think this will happen if Wolve slide or he has a fallout with the hierarchy. They really need to keep him sweet.
    They took a huge gamble using this system and so far it has paid dividends for them.
    Playing devils advocate i wonder if Fosun never intended on being long term investors but to make as much money as possible before selling up?

I think Southampton have had some great players that were sold immediately...and made loads of money...but always thought what could have been for them had they kept a good crop of players all at the same time.....
    I think it is the main down side of changing over from a sport to a business.....

We show a real weakness in doing the same to struggling and lower clubs with their players.

Birmingham are the prime example,players like Redmond and Demari Gray who we could’ve stolen for peanuts.

They’ve a 16 year old diamond already playing in the first team called Jude Bellingham who I predict will play for England by the time he’s 20-21.

No doubt we’ll “monitor” and then Leicester or Southampton will nip in and get him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)