Just a thought and bear with me. Football all my life has been about supporting your team through thick and thin and god knows weve been through that but today it seems different, why? Well todays society and not just youth, it almost seems your team losing reflects on you the person...your social standing..Failure, the impact on social media can be immense. We never had social media back in the day. We won I bought the Argus sports paper, we lost i didnt. Today there is so much more and prolonging the agony or ecstasy which may lead to cyber bullying!
There are so many blogs popping up when we win but not so many when we lose. Most have rubbish footage but conentrate on the scenes especially matches like yesterdays. Fans, young fans were going crazy, delearious almost out of control. I wonder whether its in relief because they can become alive and not have to fear the backlash on their social platforms. Now is this a genuine reaction? I just screamed out Yes with a clenched fist.
People today need success any success and I do wonder why so many Season tickets were sold this year, yes its great but have we taken on a New breed of Fanatic? Im sure im not the only one struggling for tickets yet at 54, ive been watching villa since I was 10 years old, just where were these New Fanatics last season. I worry for empty seats If we get relegated but hopefully we wont.
I just hope we increase capacity soon to allow the casual supporter a chance to see their team.
Im not knocking anyone but something is bugging me about the modern game and the modern supporter!
And dont get me started on VAR other than to say, Do we need a system to make sure mistakes dont happen to protect the result, the Fan and the club but making a complete hash of it.
Back to thread, does anyone else share my view or can elaborate further or am I just becoming distant to the modern game? Have a view on You Tube and check out the reactions, you can see people nearly having heart attacks, we beat Brighton not Barcelona!
Thoughts!