+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich are beatable....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Animal, 'To be fair Brin that's the first league game they've lost so far this season'.....

hence my post they are beatable.
    Indeed they are beatable

12 games in and it’s looking a very ordinary league.

Fascinating league for me personally and I keep tabs on it probably more than the championship and most definitely the PL .

Ipswich bought some of the high end league one players last season , Jon Nolan and Kayden Jackson for example but they couldn't get up to the level required , a bit like ourselves and how we go about it but when you drop in to League One by definition you have a top 4 squad .

Win a few games get the confidence up and you are in business .

What's interesting me is the lower end budget clubs up at the top of the league and why that is happening , last season ourselves , Pompey , Charlton , Sunderland and to an extent Luton had massively higher budgets than the rest which is why we were at the top all season .

That doesn't appear to be the case this season , Pompey and Sunderland are struggling , Bolton have imploded .

The league seems to be more open .

If we keep up this level of performance to the end of the season we will finish with 66 points, or there abouts

Which will be about 8th in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If we keep up this level of performance to the end of the season we will finish with 66 points, or there abouts

Which will be about 8th in the table.
    The top five simply traded places with each other for the majority of the season , we finished with 21 points more than 6th placed Donny I believe .

Donny , Coventry and Peterborough were chasing the last play off spot and the rest were absolutely no where , in fact half the division were in relegation trouble with 3 or 4 games left to play .

Somethings definitely changed over the summer , some bloody good recruitment gone off because Blackpool , Fleetwood , Bristol Rovers and Wycombe weren't exactly on my list for the top half never mind top 6 .

How long they can last the pace will be interesting .

They are certainly not invincible and if we play the right team we can collect.I would be inclined to bring in Billy Jones and play Olosunde in front of him because I see him as an attack minded player with purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    They are certainly not invincible and if we play the right team we can collect.I would be inclined to bring in Billy Jones and play Olosunde in front of him because I see him as an attack minded player with purpose.

Can’t see the flipper connection to be honest

Oh, purpose, doh

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Bill, I raised this point the other week. Give Wiles a rest, he's only a lad and we can't afford to burn him out too early. His corners and crosses were woeful last Saturday and like you said, Olosunde is an attack minded player with pace to burn. What do we know though, we're only fans who follow football. Warne will persist with his favourites.

Can we give ourselves a chance by playing, for once, the players in their correct positions? They have proved that they are not really good enough to be switched around. We have managed to get away with it in a few games, but that is unlikely against stronger opponents. Wiles should be in central midfield. If other players are crocked, don't pointlessly put them on the bench if they are not fit enough to play. It doesn't take a tactical genius to work it out, but...

Yep Wiles is not a winger and should be in centre mid although I agree that he is in need of a rest. We have some wingers now so lets get one on the right wing. Think its time for Mcdonald to step up to the plate or why did we get him? Barlaser needs dropping as well for his lack of contrubution. Then again crookes form is woeful apart from the cov game. Hopefully this can just be put down to him being knacked. The daft thing is we have a plethora of cms but they are either crocked, out of form, knacked or not much good. The only one I would start for sure is Lyndsey and arguably he is playing too defensively. He scored a load of goals in the box for Ross County but we play him so flippin deep.

Pay on the turnstile?

Afternoon all. Having looked on the official site I'm none the wiser as to whether we can pay on the gate this evening. Anyone know for sure? Ticket office at ITFC not sure either!
    Thanks for any help
    Norfolk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast