+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Racism in Football or any other Sport

Racism in Football or any other Sport

Is it really any worse than it was ? The media seem to be loving all this just now , Bulgaria, Bristol, Haringey , Rangers are all now saying their players have been abused ? It's not right for anybody to be abused , racially or otherwise , my concern is these promoting Kick Racism out are adding fuel to the fire , what good does it do having a slogan on a matchday ball " used only in the Premier league mind " to stop this vile act ? I'm all for kicking racism out of any sport , if your promoting this , make them available to all divisions , it sounds to me most of these offences are made outside the Premiership , It's getting stupid all this walk off stuff , it's a minority causing these offences , don't punish the majority who have bought tickets +travel etc to attend games ,

In my opinion racism will never go away. Unfortunately there'll always be a minority at it whatever television presenters or politicians do or how much publicity they give it. However, massive steps have been taken since bananas were being chucked at black players 30 years ago and monkey chants were commonplace on the terraces.

It's easy to lose sight of the fact that people have gradually become more educated and less ignorant. That surely has to be a good thing in my eyes, it's much needed progress. Bloody hell, apartheid ended in the 90s and how bad was that?

The problem for me is that some folk are daft enough to think that it will be totally eradicated by using football as an example of zero tolerance. Have a word with yourselves. In all aspects of life you'll find that there's always a minority of idiots whether its sport, politics, religious extremists or whatever. That will never change. You simply cant right every wrong in the world. Accept that bad things will always happen but to try and put some perspective on it, it's worth pointing out that the racism we witnessed in Bulgaria wasn't the 'worst it's ever been' as some have implied, that's utter garbage.

It was obviously bad and unacceptable but nowhere near what we've witnessed in the past. I'm sure that the majority of Bulgarians were embarrassed by the actions of a certain group of young individuals.

Why should we start abandoning games on the strength of a few uneducated morons? To me that isn't progress, its punishment. Punishment is not the answer, educating people is the way forward surely otherwise the majority suffer. Racism is inherited in most cases and is a simple case of ignorance and as I say we've come a long way in regard of changing that in the last 30 years.

To tell everyone they were discussing walking off a week in advance of the game was laughable.
    The clowns doing the chanting turned up just to chant abuse and walked out after they'd done their thing.
    Surely it would be better if the ref made an announcement that the stand would be cleared if it continued.
    If it continued take the teams off and clear the stand, don't abandon the game.
    That way people standing nearby would turn on the idiots.
    If you'd paid to travel to Bulgaria and bought tickets why should the game be abandoned if a few idiots at the other end of the ground are being d1ckheads?
    You will never be able to change the way some people think even if you stop them saying what they think.
    The media is full of people who daren't say what they really feel on all sorts of subjects for fear of being branded racist, ***ist or homophobic and losing their jobs.
    I'd love to know what Graeme Souness & Roy Keane really think of some of these women they're forced to share a studio with. I've played in bigger games in front of bigger crowds than some of them.
    I'm certainly no fan of Piers Morgan but he was brilliant the other day arguing with a half wit claiming there was over 100 different genders. Him and his mates started an on line petition to get Morgan sacked for being homophobic - Joke.
    The Bernardo Silva affair is a joke. He said his mate looks like a cartoon character. How is that racist?
    Rooney was constantly compared to a cartoon character - Shrek. Surely that's worse.

Take a pinch of white man,
    Wrap him up in black skin,
    Add a touch of blue blood,
    And a little bit of Red Indian boy.

Curly Latin kinkies,
    Mixed with yellow chinkies.......

What we need is a great big melting pot....

It'll be a long job gerrin ridda racism. It's all abart fooak mixing wi fooak of other races and realising they face a lot of the same issues. Some of the worst racism in the vibrant Asian heritage part of Halifax is between Pakistani's, Bangladeshi's and Indians. It's not allus abart colour.

Blue Mink - I had that single.
    We have made progress on racism.
    It's not quick enough, and tolerance levels have dropped drastically.
    People don't think twice about reporting it now which for the most part is a good thing.
    The problems arise when things that aren't remotely racist are interpreted as being racist.
    Social media doesn't help. In fact what is the point of social media?
    I realise this is a form of social media but I'll pack in when Animal starts putting photos of his dinner on here.
    I don't use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Whatsapp. I wouldn't know where to begin or want to know.

Agree wi thi abart social media Hodge.

Thuz many that think fooak need to know all abart them--what time they edda crap this morning, what they are wearing that day, what time they ev booked a haircut, what sandwich they got from Subway etc. And the other half are typing in their responses to this information.--oooh Jason's just tweeted he's caught the train.

Blue mink , 11th March 1972 Wakefield Theatre Club ( mi wedding neet ) Dale Martin ? Compare , other acts included Lionel Blare and his Dance Girls , reyt neet , ivvrything served inna basket

Back to this walking off , Are the fans entitled to a refund ? Travel/tickets etc , what happens about match result, this walking off business needs to stop , it will encourage any such minded persons to get games called off , and create even more trouble

When St George had slain all the dragons he scoured the land lookin for lizards until only newts remained. Is it possible it's worse? No. Is it en vogue to be racist? No. Its just the bad element that tag, as always, can't speak for the continent, they look pretty racist to me, but who cares anyway? I no longer do, thank all them idiots banging on about unconscious bias and white privelege for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Blue mink , 11th March 1972 Wakefield Theatre Club ( mi wedding neet ) Dale Martin ? Compare , other acts included Lionel Blare and his Dance Girls , reyt neet , ivvrything served inna basket

Back to this walking off , Are the fans entitled to a refund ? Travel/tickets etc , what happens about match result, this walking off business needs to stop , it will encourage any such minded persons to get games called off , and create even more trouble
    I was never a fan of soup in a basket Roma

Food in a basket allus seemed a mucky carry on to me. Thurrwo allus dried up pieces of previous meal contents slowly rotting stuck in the gaps in the basket weave.
    Same wi this new bistro trend of eytin off a wooden booard rather than a plate. Pieces of meyt get stuck in the grooves caused by serrated edge steak knives and liquid stuff sooaks into wood.
    Mucky buggers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast