+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

Oxford United Post Match Thoughts

It might seem early but the clocks have gone back

Just kidding, in the UK but won't be at NYS or online at all tomorrow due to Grandad duties so putting this up early and hopefully someone will remember to bump it after full time when I'm predicting an easy 3-0 win.

Won’t be easy. Oxford are one of the form teams at the moment, scored 20 odd goals in the last 5 games.

That said I still think we’ll win because they’ll come and attack and we do better against teams who do that than we do against teams who park the bus.

2-1 millers

Yet again we let in another soft goal, we need a........

X
    Quote Originally Posted by grist_to_the_mill View Post
    yet again we let in another soft goal, we need a........

Xd

Well done to Oxford, they thoroughly deserved the win.

I'm amazed we scored today such was the poor flow to our game. Back to hoof ball to Smith who when he lost or couldn't win the aerial battles, we had nothing else on offer. Not one to single out players but why did Warne persist with Wiles? Shocking corner taking and except for a good chase back in the second half to prevent another Oxford attack, he had a poor game.

Crooks should never had started the game and was rightly subbed but way too late in the game. Why does it take Warne 15 minutes to make a sub when we as fans can clearly see the game is getting away from us?

Talking to fans who went to Blackpool last week, and they told me not to get carried away with the back to back wins as we were average/poor and did a smash and grab on Blackpool, their words not mine. I saw what they meant.

Overall today I thought the lack of effort by many a player was evident and Oxford just over ran us though midfield, were dangerous on the counter attack and simply wanted it more than us. They always left one out on the halfway line which we never do. Warne can have no complaints today that he was out managed by a better manager.

Ipswich next, please don't start with the same 11 we'll get hammered!

Praise today for Irvesen who kept the scoreline down to a respectable level. Could he have made a better effort to save their second goal? According to the reporter on the radio he could have. Lindsay for me is the only one in the middle who can hold his head high tonight.

Back to the drawing board.....

Oxford were faster,fitter and above all could pass the ball to someone in the same colour shirt. Our passing in the second half was abysmal. Balls into the box were atrocious. Oxford thoroughly deserved the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Praise today for Irvesen who kept the scoreline down to a respectable level. Could he have made a better effort to save their second goal? According to the reporter on the radio he could have. Lindsay for me is the only one in the middle who can hold his head high tonight.

Back to the drawing board.....
    Iversen should have come off his line for that second goal, soft one.

Overall, end of October and Warne still has no idea of his best team and which formation to play.
    Last edited by great_fire; 19-10-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Crap ref, a foul on Wiles i think ignored in the build up to second goal. They had been pushing and shoving all game a typical Robinson team.It didn't affect the result though. We huff and puff but we never blow anybodys houses down. Oh to have an awake forward line like they had. Smith plays well but nobody has the wits to feed off him half the time. We just don't have that killer instinct about us. Thought in the second half and at the end of the first we were getting a bit of momentum as well. Dunno what the answer is.

I didn't think Iversen was at fault for second goal but if he was he certainly stopped them getting 3 or 4 after.

MOMS Smith, Iversen, Olasunde

Worst players Barlaser and Crookes.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-10-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Fair result. I could have kept goal for Oxford u til that 90th minute blinding save. Poor crossing, failing to beat the first man, time and time again. They look top six, we sadly, top 12.
    Maybe
    we are due a quiet season.

Every time we have a chance to go into the top six we underperform.
    Passing was abysmal, final ball was awful, corners and free kicks into the box were poor quality.
    Best team by far won. Outfought, outthought and outplayed for most of the game.
    Nowhere near a good enough performance to even claim a point.
    We got what we deserved.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast