+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Worlds longest non stop flight completed.....

O/T Worlds longest non stop flight completed.....

Wouldn't have liked to have been on this one and how big a carbon footprint did this plane leave?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50114049

19 hours 16 minutes non stop.......bet they got through a few movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Wouldn't have liked to have been on this one and how big a carbon footprint did this plane leave?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-50114049

19 hours 16 minutes non stop.......bet they got through a few movies!
    “To give the plane sufficient fuel range to avoid re-fuelling, the Qantas flight took off with maximum fuel, restricted baggage load and no cargo”

Hmmm......the captain said that when they landed at Sidney they had about 1 hours fuel left.

On my last trip to Oz we couldn’t land at Dubai because of fog. The pilot was instructed to fly a holding pattern to allow the fog to clear. In the end we were circling Dubai for 90 minutes

If this flight had similar problems they would now be picking up bits.

I’d prefer the stop off at Singapore before continuing the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I’d prefer the stop off at Singapore before continuing the next day.
    Did that on a return flight once.

Singapore is rediculously humid.

I flew a couple of times on what used to be the longest non-stop flight about 15 years ago: Singapore to New York - around eigh**** hours. As Brin said, a lot of films and a lot of food! Only business and first class and most of the flight with the lights off. Eigh**** hours with nobody able to contact you by phone or email (in those days) was the best aspect.

The irony was that we still landed about 1 1/2 hours late on the first trip and I missed my connection to Indianapolis and had overnight in a hotel in Newark.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I flew a couple of times on what used to be the longest non-stop flight about 15 years ago: Singapore to New York - around eigh**** hours. As Brin said, a lot of films and a lot of food! Only business and first class and most of the flight with the lights off. Eigh**** hours with nobody able to contact you by phone or email (in those days) was the best aspect.

The irony was that we still landed about 1 1/2 hours late on the first trip and I missed my connection to Indianapolis and had overnight in a hotel in Newark.

Newark, not one of the classiest places I've been to. Atlantic city is just a cheap version of Las Vegas. The boardwalk is great to visit and obviously to walk on. Down on the beach is better with live bands etc, the sun, the beer, oh for those two lazy days again.....