+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Wold rugby investigate Ref after picture with Welsh fans....

Equally hope he could have a bit of bantef with French fans after the game. Dont judge it by the standards of football.

What a dick this ref is, throw the book at him

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Equally hope he could have a bit of bantef with French fans after the game. Dont judge it by the standards of football.

I appreciate that there are a lot of things about Rugby that put football to shame.

However before getting carried away with "holier than thou" remember that this all started because one rugby player deliberately smashed his elbow into the face of another player who was trapped and couldn't move.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I appreciate that there are a lot of things about Rugby that put football to shame.

However before getting carried away with "holier than thou" remember that this all started because one rugby player deliberately smashed his elbow into the face of another player who was trapped and couldn't move.
    Im not saying the physical side of the game isnt brutal. Its how player react that is different.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    The social side of the sport after the game is an integral part of rugby. It will be a very sad day for the game if it changes.
    By all means Have a drink with both sets of fans that but i think the elbow gesture was ill judged . To pose for a photo record of it is just silly.
    Last edited by flourbasher; 21-10-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Convincing win? 20-19 courtesy of a try in the last 6 minutes.
    The investigation is to establish the facts.
    Posing for such a picture is such unbelievably bad judgement that the question needs to be asked as to whether or not the picture is genuine.
    I'll ask you again mate.
    We have a player sent off, quite legitimately, after a second yellow, for diving, against Wednesday.
    Down to 10 men we lose the game.
    A photo appears of the ref having a good old laugh, with a gang of Wednesday fans, in the pub. They are all in a "diving" pose. Would you be happy?
    I'd be calling our player a daft t.wat for his actions and IF his actions cost us the game then I'd accept it, simple as.

As for the photo, that would never happen in English football so I can't answer that. Refs go AWOL after a match so Managers can't get at em so I don't think you'd find one in a bar

I'm all for this all mates in the bar idea, but that ref is basically stupid posing that way.

If the photograph is genuine the referee has most probably ended his career at international level.
    The result won't be affected and correctly so even though there was some doubt about the validity of the winning try.

Can you imagine a ref in the county borough after a game having a photo with a local 😊

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    By all means Have a drink with both sets of fans that but i think the elbow gesture was ill judged . To pose for a photo record of it is just silly.
    Agree flour. But initially you said he shouldnt be in the bar.

That said we're all entitled to a bit of banter as seen with Nigel Owens. Maybe that refs are seen as human adds to the respect they get from players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast