+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mcpakes moment.

Mcpakes moment.

This ain't wanting the guy sacked.....but....I often think with managers you can pinpoint the exact moment where the balance swings from for to against.....ie The Bomber losing at home to Alloa, ph interview when he said he didn't know what to do, Neil McCanns rammy with st j.....all pivotal moments where it wasnae the end but the start of the end.

Mcpakes substitutions on Saturday, was that his moment?

I'm never really one to moan about subs/tactics but for the life of me can't understand the Todd and Mcpake subs, Robertson yes although I still disagreed with it.

I think any goodwill towards the manager left the building on Saturday, hope he's no planning a night oot on the Perth rd.

Yes. He will really get it tight if we lose the next derby.

I think our season and hopes went with they substitute’s, could have been within 3pts, fans would have seen some hope, but we blew it, I’d like to know what jimmy Nichols thoughts were, is he getting any say in the matter, everyone in the stands could see they were wrong and we are only supporters, not coaches

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I think our season and hopes went with they substitute’s, could have been within 3pts, fans would have seen some hope, but we blew it, I’d like to know what jimmy Nichols thoughts were, is he getting any say in the matter, everyone in the stands could see they were wrong and we are only supporters, not coaches
    thought mcgowans legs had gone so agreed with his substitution but the other 2 were baffling.thought Kerr might have come on and pushed Todd into a holding role.we were overrun in midfield and ultimately lost the game because of it.

The centre half pairing are woeful, no leadership, Foster is good at shouting and pointing after the horse has bolted, we need to get McGhee back in the centre of defence, we should have went to a 4-4-2 with Johnson on to hold the ball up, mcpake has been disappointing since coming, he is young and maybe still learning

McGowan did look tired, so Robertson was obvious change, but I’d have went for Johnson or Nelson for McDaid

Johnston for Hemmings was sub all day long for me, get us up the park a bit, not that Kane played badly but confidence is low and we had been under the cost most of the 2nd half.

Byrne off.....not for me.

Robertson for McGowan and pushing dorrans forward a bit, possibly maybe at a push

But putting Robertson and Mcpake on where strength and defending arnt their number one qualities and taking two get in a boot them midfielders off was baffling.

I'm not in the we must go 442 camp, not because we don't have good forwards but I just don't think we are good enough central defence and midfield to do it and I'm a bit worried he's gonna jump from one formation to another.....McGowan played well on Saturday but surely johnston or Nelson could also operate their, especially Danny.

There's some shrewd operators in the championship, McCall, Hopkins, Robertson, Campbell and even Peter Grant....Mcpake has to wise up quick, this isn't boys football anymore.

And the most worrying thing is that's our 3rd collapse this season, pars 1st half, derby and now last 5 mins v jags.....players have got to be stronger mentally or it will be win draw lose, rinse and repeat till May.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    You are not the only one wondering what wise head advice Nicholl is providing to JMP to help him. That was the deal, I thought, that got JMP the gig. #have we always been like this? Seems to me that before Fans' forums there was chat in the pub after the game etc but that was it. now it seems that every action and decision is put under a microscope and commented on, all the time. JMP is a new manager at this level. I wonder how long it takes to learn. We saw the same mistakes being made by Hartley, McCann and McIntyre on a regular basis, and criticised on a regular basis on the fans' forums. I was hoping that by the end of October we would be seeing some consistency in line up and a pattern of play that maintained our reasonable defensive performances at the start of the season and a new goal threat added. It isn't happening, yet.

Can't remember who made the comment but it was suggested that there must be something going on that both Johnson and Nelson can't get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You are not the only one wondering what wise head advice Nicholl is providing to JMP to help him. That was the deal, I thought, that got JMP the gig. #have we always been like this? Seems to me that before Fans' forums there was chat in the pub after the game etc but that was it. now it seems that every action and decision is put under a microscope and commented on, all the time. JMP is a new manager at this level. I wonder how long it takes to learn. We saw the same mistakes being made by Hartley, McCann and McIntyre on a regular basis, and criticised on a regular basis on the fans' forums. I was hoping that by the end of October we would be seeing some consistency in line up and a pattern of play that maintained our reasonable defensive performances at the start of the season and a new goal threat added. It isn't happening, yet.

Can't remember who made the comment but it was suggested that there must be something going on that both Johnson and Nelson can't get a game.
    McPake hasn’t got time to get it right, that was removed losing 6 in a derby.

His budget appears to be substantial but we’re miles off being a good team under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    McPake hasn’t got time to get it right, that was removed losing 6 in a derby.

His budget appears to be substantial but we’re miles off being a good team under pressure.
    Have to agree. but we have been a bit like this for a while. Bomber got them firing properly when it was too late to avoid relegation, and Barry had the Deefiant season but there's been precious little to cheer about recently.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

It was me that made a comment about Nelson and Johnston...but not that something must be going on... more the lack of ambition of playing 1 up front in the worst ever championship...no sure you've been at the same games as me...if you thought we had reasonable defensive performances...I had hoped after the 1st half debacle at Dunfermline he had realised we had to have a go teams given that we have much better attacking options than we do defensive ones...but it looks like that's not the case

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)