+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do we need.

What do we need.

We're not going to get a new owner, or manager, his ship sailed to China.

What do we need, player wise, on the pitch to keep us up?

Just we seem to be running with a side made up of defensive midfielders. Even against ordinary players.

If I'm honest, I think Joelinton and Almiron are ****. 60 million we've spent on them. They're not good enough for this league.

Burnley will survive, as an example, in this league because they have proven Premier league strikers in Chris Wood, Ashley Barnes and Jay Rodriguez.

How many can we have?

Most important to me would be a top CM. Someone in the mould of Cabaye would be ideal imo...a box to box midfielder with creativity.

A right wing back...Krafth was not the answer...to any question.

A winger/inside forward that scores to replace/compete with Almiron.

Obviously tempted to say striker...but I think if Joelinton was coached to play closer to the goal...we didn't hoof it, and we had bodies supporting him...we'd be okay there...

Defense wise we are great no problems at all we just need a regular goalscorer and we would be fine, Joelinton tries but isnt up to the job Carroll wont score many and Gayle is a prolific championship striker

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Defense wise we are great no problems at all we just need a regular goalscorer and we would be fine, Joelinton tries but isnt up to the job Carroll wont score many and Gayle is a prolific championship striker
    To have a regular goal scorer..you need to supply them with chances...simply buying a new striker would change very little imo.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    To have a regular goal scorer..you need to supply them with chances...simply buying a new striker would change very little imo.
    We have the creative players to make chances for a decent striker to score, specially the Saint who looks a great signing. sadly Joelinton seems to miss any chance he gets its a shame i hope he can come good but sadly cant see it

It's down to the manager and his coaching staff to work with the players and find a way of playing that will get them scoring.
    Remember not long ago when Shearer was struggling,the team was struggling.In came the great Sir Bobby and the rest was history.
    This clueless lot running the show now couldn't get Messi,Ronaldo and Neymar to score goals in our team.Dont throw everything at the players.
    One man to blame,Ashley,for employing a manager that wouldn't get a job at any other Premier League club or top 10 Championship club.
    If Bruce was sacked tomorrow and a decent man brought in I would put money on that ASM,Almiron and Joelinton would thrive.
    Joelinton will never score or score many under Bruce.His tactic is lump it up to the big man.
    Jurgen Klopp said he sees something in Joelinton.Praise indeed from a world class manager.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    We have the creative players to make chances for a decent striker to score, specially the Saint who looks a great signing. sadly Joelinton seems to miss any chance he gets its a shame i hope he can come good but sadly cant see it
    We don't create a lot...the Saint is very exciting and will create a few more chances. How many good chances has Joelinton missed this season? I remember 2...I might have forgotten one or two though....but Joelinton missing the target is not why we are struggling.

Joelinton was compared to Firmino (don't start...he's obviously not as good!) in Germany...he likes the ball to feet and runners around and in front of him...just because he's a big lad does not make him a target man!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    just because he's a big lad does not make him a target man!
    Super Brucey thinks it does.Get him facing the goal and it would be a good start.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)