+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Banks

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I'm sure it will all come out in the wash, but if we didn't offer him a contract extension before the Palace bid, then that is mismanagement of big proportions. We seemed to react to the Palace bid by throwing contract extensions to lots of youngsters, surely the secret is to identity the potential early and offer terms before they come to the fore. Appere, Banks and Glass were getting touted in pre-season as stepping up to first team. Obviously every case is different, but given Banks performances for Clyde, I am surprised he went into this season with less than a year of his contract to run.
    Just a hangover from the situation the previous regime left us with. Thankfully we are now trying to sort it and its not their fault that a wee laddie has gone Billy Big Time and thinks he has made it!

He wanted to be second biggest earner at Tannadice, after Shankland? Joke.

The agent knows this position is completely ridiculous and never going to be met by the Club. Thus painting the picture of the Club ‘unwilling’ to meet the player’s ‘reasonable’ demands and therefore presenting the image of the player being ‘forced’ to look elsewhere. Absolute bag of scheite - get him tae phuck. NO player should ever be bigger than the Club, never mind one who’s barely played. Get rid January and get in cash - it’ll be useful for getting in some extra quality that we’ll need who actually wants to play for Dundee United and finally get us over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    He wanted to be second biggest earner at Tannadice, after Shankland? Joke.
    Shankland isn't the highest earner according to Ashgar.

tHeArAb, I presumed Shankland was highest but hence the question mark. Heard Banks thought he should be second highest I presumed Shanks would be top.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Shankland isn't the highest earner according to Ashgar.
    I think you're right .

What I heard is that Shankland is on £4k a week plus £500 a goal, Win Bonus etc while either Sow or Pawlett ( cant remember which one ) is on the same while the other is on £5k a week so for the Banks to expect the same as an unproven player is ridiculous .

I know this is a slight digression but, imo, there is no way we are paying any player £5k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I know this is a slight digression but, imo, there is no way we are paying any player £5k a week.
    Surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    I think you're right .

What I heard is that Shankland is on £4k a week plus £500 a goal, Win Bonus etc while either Sow or Pawlett ( cant remember which one ) is on the same while the other is on £5k a week so for the Banks to expect the same as an unproven player is ridiculous .
    Should have put Sow on £0 per week and £5k a goal

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)