+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Csaba’s old team

Csaba’s old team

Did anyone see the stats for Sepsi the other night ? Got beat 4-1. Savfranko scored then booked . His team had 7 booked and 2 sent off including Bouhenna in first half. Another booked in second half.

Still canna belive we appointed him

It was him or Yogi...

I wanted Yogi over Mixu, still think he would have kept us up

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I wanted Yogi over Mixu, still think he would have kept us up
    100% agree. Hughes had just won the Scottish Cup for gawd’s sake, but then we’d have had to pay for Yogi whereas Mixu was free. I wonder what clinched it in the eyes of the Snake?

Yogi would have been a disaster too imo... however would never have sacked Jackie while that was the options as he'd have got more pts in that first three months than Mixu managed

However all done now, I'm delighted where we are, we sacked Csaba just in time (that 5-1 humping by Ross County really was a god send... the dees loved it at the time, if they only knew) to get the best option available just before Partick or Dundee did (god forbid as they'd still be in the prem... And people were suggesting mcintyre for us ffs)...

A year down the line it could not really have gone much better, we will be stronger for this extra year down if we do go onto get promoted, a proper 18 month build, foundations in place etc

I agree that Yogi would have kept us up. The Raith fiasco seems to have deemed him unemployable. Rumours of punch up in dressing room the day Raith were relegated. Anyone know more ?

I agree if money had been spent on getting Yogi he had the confidence then and would have got that team playing.

His reputation has gone down since then but that season he would have done us a job.

Tombola mixu really sent us on a bad downward spiral

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)