+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Preston - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

I am watching from across the pond on a tube so you don't get the nuance you get at the actual game but it seems that our midfield is not as dominant as it was earlier in the season. I'm sure that part of that is due to teams making adjustments but part of that has to be that we aren't as dominant without Pablo. Almost looked like several teams have gone right as us. Started with WBA who came out attacking and played us straight up for much of the game.

Might be an ideal time to try them both out at the same time. Could throw a huge monkey wrench in the plans that these coaches have drawn up their entire game plan on MB's lack of change.

I know, at least on paper, I would not want to have to face Eddie and Bamford along with Costa all out at the same time. Leaves our back 4 a little vulnerable but Alioski can go hard all game and White is a rock back there.

Its getting silly now with Eddie.Lad needs to start as he is clearly our only real goal threat at the moment.There are clubs lining up to take him on loan if Arsenal decide to call him back in January.Bielsa could very easily undo all the good work he has done if he doesn't stop being a stubborn tw@t.

After last night you would think the penny has finally dropped........

I like Bielsa. He's a good person, his teams play great football. He's a mentor to the superstar managers etc. But you can see why he hasn't reached the top. This Bamford thing has gone on way too long. You'd think it would be a common sense thing, a striker can't score goals, so let's try something else. Bamford's confidence is shot to pieces and it might actually do him some good to sit on the bench and let someone else take the heat for a while. I've said before, some guys are putting a lot of work in on and off the pitch then come match day more often than not they walk off the pitch disappointed. Even in victory it's more relief than joy that we've scraped a 1-0. Having said all that, Bamford is not the only one missing good chances.
    People have mentioned us missing Pablo, we do, but he wasn't in great form before he got injured. I think we miss Forshaw and I think many on here underrate him.
    Last edited by denver11; 23-10-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I am watching from across the pond on a tube so you don't get the nuance you get at the actual game but it seems that our midfield is not as dominant as it was earlier in the season. I'm sure that part of that is due to teams making adjustments but part of that has to be that we aren't as dominant without Pablo. Almost looked like several teams have gone right as us. Started with WBA who came out attacking and played us straight up for much of the game.

Might be an ideal time to try them both out at the same time. Could throw a huge monkey wrench in the plans that these coaches have drawn up their entire game plan on MB's lack of change.

I know, at least on paper, I would not want to have to face Eddie and Bamford along with Costa all out at the same time. Leaves our back 4 a little vulnerable but Alioski can go hard all game and White is a rock back there.
    I agree on this - definitely not as dominant in possession as we were, despite the percentages making it look so.

Pablo is the key to how this team plays - key passes, rhythm, tempo and probing and the sooner we get him back the better.

The most skillful player we had for years was never replaced either. Saiz.

A 6'6'' centre half was replaced by 5' Beradi

Roofe was replaced by Bamford.
    Last edited by Billyni; 23-10-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    The most skillful player we had for years was never replaced either. Saiz.

A 6'6'' centre half was replaced by 5' Beradi

Roofe was replaced by Bamford.
    Saiz definitely brought something different.

we have had a few injuries - Pablo, Forshaw, Cooper and Shack and with the youngsters we have you might have thought more might get game time - Bogusz, Gotts, Struijk, Edmondson to name but a few all have shown promise.

As others mentioned without pablo we sometimes lack creativity too. Wonder if we would be harder to play against if we mixed things up a little more in the team. Klich is great but is he really a number 10 and when pablo is not there to rotate it means we lack something.

love MB as manager but so frustrating. if you haven’t listened to the square ball podcast the one after last nights game was funny

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Saiz definitely brought something different.

we have had a few injuries - Pablo, Forshaw, Cooper and Shack and with the youngsters we have you might have thought more might get game time - Bogusz, Gotts, Struijk, Edmondson to name but a few all have shown promise.

As others mentioned without pablo we sometimes lack creativity too. Wonder if we would be harder to play against if we mixed things up a little more in the team. Klich is great but is he really a number 10 and when pablo is not there to rotate it means we lack something.

love MB as manager but so frustrating. if you haven’t listened to the square ball podcast the one after last nights game was funny
    Love MB too, just wish he wouldn't give me reason to doubt him.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)