+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Clarke

Trevor Clarke

Enough talk about him, get him on the bleeding pitch playing full games!

It appears Warne must visit this site and takes note...Clarke actually started a game. On top of that the mention of Osolunde in font of Jones also appears to have got through to him 😁

I've not been happy with the "Square pegs in round holes" approach, but I suspect that the injury/illness problems were worse than Warney was prepared to divulge, and may have forced him into at least some of those decisions. Let's hope that our luck has now changed with the injury jinx, because we are now starting to see what is possible. Still no news on Thompson though. Maybe we can swap one of our "surplus" forwards for an extra defender in January? There appears to be no reason for us to be playing 4-3-3 now, as 4-4-1-1 (and possibly other formations) work better with the players that we have. If we had another fit centre-back 3-5-2 would be a possibility too, with Olosunde and Clarke as wing-backs
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-10-2019 at 08:42 AM.

I'd send Morris back and get another loanee in in a position we need to strengthen

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I'd send Morris back and get another loanee in in a position we need to strengthen
    and Barlaser....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    and Barlaser....
    That would be my choice, I thought he would be key man when I saw at Chessy but he's shown nothing since, let him go back and replace him with a midfielder who can dictate play a bit, put his foot on it and pick a pass. I know they don't grow on trees but there must be one out there. Morris I'd keep as although he hasn't offered anymore than he did last time he is best cover for Smudge.

Quote Originally Posted by jakethemiller View Post
    That would be my choice, I thought he would be key man when I saw at Chessy but he's shown nothing since, let him go back and replace him with a midfielder who can dictate play a bit, put his foot on it and pick a pass. I know they don't grow on trees but there must be one out there. Morris I'd keep as although he hasn't offered anymore than he did last time he is best cover for Smudge.
    I thought Barlaser was very poor on Saturday. I also thought he did brilliantly last night when he came on. Made the ball work for him and created attacks on the break. Ipswich were well beaten by then though and white flags were out so who knows.

Who'd be a football manager eh?

Loans are suppose to improve the squad. We have better than these two so don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Loans are suppose to improve the squad. We have better than these two so don't see the point.
    Great point! Could spend their wages on others with more to give,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast