+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And The New Southend Manager Is

And The New Southend Manager Is

Sol Campbell, you can't deny he likes a challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Sol Campbell, you can't deny he likes a challenge
    Well actually you can, because as soon as he found out he wasnt going to get 40k a week for league 2 he fled quicker then you could say "what a fantastic project".

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Well actually you can, because as soon as he found out he wasnt going to get 40k a week for league 2 he fled quicker then you could say "what a fantastic project".
    There's a big difference between a challenge and an outright con. I've never understood the dislike for Sol Campbell on here, all he did was spot the deception quicker than most. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat his Macclesfield heroics at Southend.

I think that's what you call a baptism of fire, 2 red cards and 7 goals shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There's a big difference between a challenge and an outright con. I've never understood the dislike for Sol Campbell on here, all he did was spot the deception quicker than most. It will be interesting to see if he can repeat his Macclesfield heroics at Southend.
    Didn’t someone post he was paying/contributing to players wages himself at Macclesfield? Would explain their fighting spirit end of last season.

Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Didn’t someone post he was paying/contributing to players wages himself at Macclesfield? Would explain their fighting spirit end of last season.

Good luck to him.
    Yeah I work with a Macclesfield fan who told me he payed the players himself or part of their wages but still a gesture he didn’t have to do.

I’m with Elite on this Campbell if he wanted could have finished this club he had two contracts here is my understanding one as a player and the other as an ambassador to get round rules which we know was all a con.

I think he is a lot smarter than people give him credit for and I don’t have any negative feelings towards him.

I didnt say I disliked him - at least not because of his time at Notts. He is very arrogant although credit where credit is due for the job at Macc. It was a con and everyone was conned. Some of the big hitters such as Sven and Kasper hung around. He fled.

My dislike for Sol was and still is this .
    He says he knew it was all a Con all along .. so why didn't he reveal that it was all a con , with the filthy details , instead of taking his hush money and running of into the distance leaving the 5hit to hit the fan.
    If he had anything about him he should have revealed everything about the con that he knew and stopped Notts getting deeper into the Mire !!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    My dislike for Sol was and still is this .
    He says he knew it was all a Con all along .. so why didn't he reveal that it was all a con , with the filthy details , instead of taking his hush money and running of into the distance leaving the 5hit to hit the fan.
    If he had anything about him he should have revealed everything about the con that he knew and stopped Notts getting deeper into the Mire !!
    And if he had many Notts fans would still have called him a liar, remember the reporter who wrote about it being a con from the start?
    He was ridiculed and e-mail mails were sent by fans complaining about him.
    I have no qualms with Campbell he seems quite sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    And if he had many Notts fans would still have called him a liar, remember the reporter who wrote about it being a con from the start?
    He was ridiculed and e-mail mails were sent by fans complaining about him.
    I have no qualms with Campbell he seems quite sensible.
    yes maybe we could all have called him a liar.
    But maybe we might of listened if he had put a case forward for it being a con , instead of taking his rather large slice of the money and doing a runner.
    Remember he took the money promising not to tell what he knew. in my eyes Great morals !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast