+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time for change.

Time for change.

TM has had his time, and we look awful. Total lack of confidence and almost completely reliant on Bradley Dack producing something.

TM has spent an awful lot of money on players that haven't produced, the buck stops with him for that.

I'm not saying expect play offs, but I certainly expect dynamic play and shots on target. Playing 'football' at this level, on our budget is a very big ask.

Of course, it's down to those in Pune now, and they are stubborn to say the least.

We are looking devoid of confidence.
    Preston is a huge game
    Lose and it could be curtains or a role upstairs,with Johnson in the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    TM has had his time, and we look awful. Total lack of confidence and almost completely reliant on Bradley Dack producing something.

TM has spent an awful lot of money on players that haven't produced, the buck stops with him for that.

I'm not saying expect play offs, but I certainly expect dynamic play and shots on target. Playing 'football' at this level, on our budget is a very big ask.

Of course, it's down to those in Pune now, and they are stubborn to say the least.

Hi mate, we all hope your doing ok? Maybe stick around a little bit this time? It would be good to have you back around again.
    I don't disagree with any of that, all seems fair to me.
    Over the past few weeks, I have really lowered my expectations. I thought we may try and have a go at the play-offs maybe this season? We must be conscious that this season in particular there is no real outstanding side. We probably won't have a better chance of this? I've seen the sides like Forest at the top, and they are crap. Leeds are nowhere near as good as they were last season.
    Looking at the players brought in, money spent. And hoped we would bring in young players to get better. Its not turning out like that, for various reasons.
    That huge big stand with no fans sat in it stands out like a giant neon light every home game. The fan base of 11/12k is not growing. These are things that won't be going unnoticed in Pune. And while they said they will back TM in Jan if we are around the play-offs, and give him money to push on, the same will apply if we are down near relegation. He will be gone if this carries on. Not sure I agree he should go if we stay around where we are.
    The more I sit and see this league, the more I realise we are just a small mid-table club, if anything, doing well to be here. But our mega rich owners won't be overly happy with that. As we have one of the bigger budgets, and back TM well. And spend a fortune every year for the Academy. I stil feel we have nothing to lose playing them a little more.

We had one deflected shot on target last night. We didn't create any chances, we didn't look like scoring.

Saxo - as Robin said on another thread, we just can't find any consistency.
    On the one hand, we had the Charlton and QPR games, but then there were good performances thrown in, and very decent half-matches against Fulham, Forest and WBA.
    Unfortunately, I do feel Saturday's game tipped the balance against Mowbray, because two or three of the players looked half-hearted.
    Two more like that and, well...

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Saxo - as Robin said on another thread, we just can't find any consistency.
    On the one hand, we had the Charlton and QPR games, but then there were good performances thrown in, and very decent half-matches against Fulham, Forest and WBA.
    Unfortunately, I do feel Saturday's game tipped the balance against Mowbray, because two or three of the players looked half-hearted.
    Two more like that and, well...

I suppose you can look at Wigan and wonder if they are considering replacing Paul cook. Their progress is a decent gauge to judge ourselves against being as how they were promoted alongside us.

We are currently above them, so maybe I'm being hasty, but the display against Brum was dreadful.

The key word is consistency.
    One half great,next half not.
    Some games like Birmingham and QPR we managed 15 minutes.
    Now unless we can manage 65-70 minute performances on a regular basis we will amount to nothing in this league.
    Unfortunately the good performances are dwindling away.
    The first half against huddersfield gave me hope,but the levels after that are just not good enough.

We've spent millions more than Wigan to only be separated by one point though.

I will argue this champs
    We have spent a very similar sum to wigan.
    They have spent give or take 6 million
    When you include brereton,Gallagher
    We have spent around 9 million minus raya
    It's the same.
    Saxo has a good point
    One point separated us on our promotion season and not a million miles separated the following season.
    Wigan is a good comparison and yardstick to measure us.
    Both teams are floundering,both will make changes soon.

That's fair. Our net spend in Jan when we pay £2.25m to Forest for Brereton, will be £14.75m. And we recouped £3.35m on Raya. Meaning our net spend is £11.4m

Wigan have spent £7.6m and recouped nothing. There is only a £3.8m swing where we spent more.

Norwich got promoted last season with a net spend of £500k.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)