+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kyle Wootton

Kyle Wootton

With how impressive his loan spell is working out it is slightly concerning that come January we may well lose him back to S****horpe or, indeed, to another football league club.

He has been great for us, and is clearly capable of playing higher....what're people's thoughts, or knowledge, on us being able to keep hold of him for the rest of the season? Surely the management team would love to extend the loan period.

If he does leave, what options are realistically available as a replacement...and how much of that depends on a successful FA Cup run?

I think this has leads been muted by a few of us on here that we could end up with a Ryan Yates situation. However I believe he is on a season long loan and Yates was influential himself in his own move to a club in a higher league. I think the only chance of us not keeping him is if Scunny themselves think they can benefit from having him back based on their current poor start to the season, but then I’m sure if that was the case we would have seen him return by now.

Im confident as much as hopeful that he will be here in the new year because regardless of how good he has been for us so far it doesn’t mean to say he is the answer to Scunny’s problems and maybe doesn’t even fit into their style of play. I think he is enjoying his time here, he is obviously one of the first names on the team sheet and that will mean a lot to him. Would love to get him on a permanent move prior to the start of next season.

Not sure an FA Cup run will have any bearing on whether he stays or not.

Not every loan has a recall clause in it and theres plenty of time before January for him to have a few bad games and people decide he's not good enough anyway so there's not much point worrying about it yet imo.

Pretty sure there is a recall clause in January (be a bit remiss of the parent club not to include one, just in case), but I also remember reading that Wootton was being booed from the Scunny fans earlier this season and seemed to be a scapegoat for their poor start.

The fact that S****horpe allowed him to play in the FA Cup for us must be a good sign - then again, Yates played in the FA Cup for us and was still recalled (and then sent to S****horpe).

Hopefully there's an option to buy in his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think this has leads been muted by a few of us on here that we could end up with a Ryan Yates situation. However I believe he is on a season long loan and Yates was influential himself in his own move to a club in a higher league. I think the only chance of us not keeping him is if Scunny themselves think they can benefit from having him back based on their current poor start to the season, but then I’m sure if that was the case we would have seen him return by now.

Im confident as much as hopeful that he will be here in the new year because regardless of how good he has been for us so far it doesn’t mean to say he is the answer to Scunny’s problems and maybe doesn’t even fit into their style of play. I think he is enjoying his time here, he is obviously one of the first names on the team sheet and that will mean a lot to him. Would love to get him on a permanent move prior to the start of next season.

Not sure an FA Cup run will have any bearing on whether he stays or not.
    ohhhh the Irony that its S****horpe involved again ...!

There can't be too much doubt that there has been a correlation with the arrival of this guy and our upturn in form. Is it a coincidence? Well who knows, but what I would say is that I was extremely underwhelmed by his signing and I am extremely over whelmed by his contribution. To me it is very clear evidence along with a few other players that we might just have a manager who knows what he is doing....Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Not every loan has a recall clause in it and theres plenty of time before January for him to have a few bad games and people decide he's not good enough anyway so there's not much point worrying about it yet imo.
    It's a very, very low amount of loan deals that have no recall clause in January. You are talking like 99% that do have the recall clause. Because it's ridiculous not too for the parent club.