+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Election Dec 12th?

General Election Dec 12th?

Will Labour whimp out yet again?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    in one word mick,YES.

i really don't know just who an election in December would best suit.......
    Very interested to see what the turn out will be if it goes a head.......can't see it myself...

Not sure what a election will achieve as the vote appears to be split with neither of the major parties ending up with a overall majority.
    If Labour had a decent centrist leader, they would probably walk it with this shower we've got in charge at the moment, but they've got Corbyn....

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    Not sure what a election will achieve as the vote appears to be split with neither of the major parties ending up with a overall majority.
    If Labour had a decent centrist leader, they would probably walk it with this shower we've got in charge at the moment, but they've got Corbyn....
    Labour will get slaughtered which is why they’re running scared.

What a pathetic bunch they are.

Quote Originally Posted by baggielad View Post
    Could not agree more.

Imagine if Starmer was leading Labour. They would sweep up at the next election.

A General Election solves nothing. We had one in 2017 which didn't resolve this mess. In all likelihood, we will get another hung parliament and years more uncertainty.

Labour will get slaughtered which is why they’re running scared.

What a pathetic bunch they are.
    I actually think they've played it quite well up to now, strategically speaking.

If the polls are to be believed, if we haven't left the EU by the 31st then the Tories will lose a large vote share to the Brexit Party. If that splits the vote, Labour are in play and that's what they are hoping to happen.

Johnson was elected by Tory members to get us out by Oct 31st. He will have failed, unless the EU don't give us an extension. I have to be honest, I think his strategy has been shocking, he has been outmaneuvered by Corbyn up to now. He's now banking on the narrative that its 'People Vs Parliament' and I guess that play might still work.

You could argue he has unified some of the ardent Brexiteers and Remainers, because neither like the deal he has negotiated - many of them see it as an even worse version of the deal that May had rejected 3 times. Let's see how the next few days pan out, but I'd be amazed if Labour vote in favour of a G.E. until after the 31st Oct because its not in their interest to.

"Imagine if Starmer was leading Labour. They would sweep up at the next election"

Must be joking! another fudger.

To me it looks like a complete mess over there....a while in the making....you appear to have a government that cant govern and a mess of an opposition party(s) that are barley marginally able to hold together.....Conservatives want an election but have no power to call one...and an opposition that has the power to call one but are quite afraid..
    As I said before..it the monster raven loony party were still going they would most likely get an overall majority...

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    To me it looks like a complete mess over there....a while in the making....you appear to have a government that cant govern and a mess of an opposition party(s) that are barley marginally able to hold together.....Conservatives want an election but have no power to call one...and an opposition that has the power to call one but are quite afraid..
    As I said before..it the monster raven loony party were still going they would most likely get an overall majority...
    Yep. We have a shockingly awful Government. And a truly awful opposition.

Most people will vote for the party who they think are the least worst option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)