+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: General Election Thursday 12 of December?.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its surprising me how quiet it is in here with only 2 full days before the polls open.

Is there an acceptance that the SNP will return towards a complete lock out? Or that everyone sees the trash being thrown about by the supposed big 2 is doing themselves enough harm?
    I think its quiet on here because we are getting a Tory majority government.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think its quiet on here because we are getting a Tory majority government.
    Exit polls agree with that!

Just saw Kezia on tele nearly greetin about the possible failure of her party! Would love to hear what she has to say on her time as Labour leader in Scotland.

Indyref 2 here we come!

I am praying the Scottish exit poll is correct not for my independence referendum which Boris will refuse anyway,no no i just want to see Ruth Davidson swimming naked in Loch Ness if the SNP get 50 seats or over.That is what she said yesterday and i am going to hold her to that.

Jo Swinson on a shoogly peg!

Now that the dust of Labour's Red wall demolition has settled, we are entering a huge period of both certainty and uncertainty.

Certainties :
    Section 30 Request by 20/12/2019 - rejected
    Brexit mechanism on 31/01/2020 - enabled

Uncertainties for Indyref 2 :
    The Legal Route : requesting Independence Referendum via the UK Supreme Court - Rejected
    requesting the International Court of Justice to arbitrate in an internationally recognise referendum proposed by
    nations friendly to Scotland position : possible
    If that fails then there will be no referendum in 2020.

The Political Route : If the above fails
    Withdraw all MPs from Westminster to prepare for 2021 along with a reconstituted Yes Movement involving smaller Indy Supporting parties and dissident Lab/Lib/Tory politicians
    Seek a mandate through the 2021 Scottish elections for a Majority Government of Independence Supporting MSPs (SNP/Green) as its virtually impossible under the dehondt system for a single party majority, and have SNP1 Green2 on Ballots.
    Demand Section 30 - Accepted - set a date
    Rejected - repeat legal route

This is how I see it panning out - but the divergent ambitions of both Scotland and England have been exposed, and its definitely happening.

The only option open to the UK now is accept Section 30 or a Greenland Style Opt Out for them to allow Scotland to remain the the Customs Union.

Otherwise years of conflict ahead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)