+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Forest Green

Forest Green

Anyone going? Seems people are likely to get drenched again unless they've finally put a roof on above the away section. FGR have a tight defence so worried we might have another blank unless we inject a bit more pace into our forward play. Hopefully Powell will be back.
    2-0 for FGR I'm afraid.

Yep I'm there, brolly at the ready this time! Mansfield managed to pull two goals back so they are vulnerable. A win would set us up nicely for the Vale game but I'd take a point now.

It seems (Saturday's programme) there are now 180 covered standing places as well as 100 seated. How they justify £21 to stand paid on the day i suppose ....

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Anyone going? Seems people are likely to get drenched again unless they've finally put a roof on above the away section. FGR have a tight defence so worried we might have another blank unless we inject a bit more pace into our forward play. Hopefully Powell will be back.
    2-0 for FGR I'm afraid.
    Although we have never done very well at Forest Green there not exactly a bogey side, we are a different team this season, they have a tight defence but they are at home and they wont put 11 men behind the ball. We can get a result here and a draw would be a good outcome, we might just nick it, might have to play a bit better than the against Colchester though.

I think just hitting the target would be the only improvement needed from Tuesdays game. It wasn't as if we played badly, particularly in the first half.

I believe we must have been watching a different game on Tuesday. We looked like a team that had never played together. A complete lack of discipline, and virtually no buildup play throughout the game/ The right side of our team was the worst. I felt sorry for Porter who never had any support.

Yes, must have been a different game. They didn't play well but not that bad. Thing is the usual second half upping of pace didn't happen. We also, despite Wintle showing the way once, didn't really really attack through the middle.

We did not play well and still came away with a point and a clean sheet .