+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: v Man City

v Man City

2 changes Trezeguet and Luiz in for Hourihane and El Ghazi

Lineup:-

1Heaton
    24Guilbert
    22Engels
    40Mings
    18Targett
    11Nakamba
    17Trézéguet
    6Douglas Luiz
    7McGinn
    10Grealish
    9Wesley

Substitutes
    3Taylor
    8Lansbury
    12Steer
    14Hourihane
    15Konsa
    21El Ghazi
    39Davis

Interesting. Luiz and Marvellous pair up together.

At least it wasn't 9 nil. And thanks Pep for resting Aguero 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Interesting cup game before another free hit against liverpool

1. Glad that game is out the way
    2. Rest a few against Wolves
    3.Give liverpool a run for their money
    4. Give Davis a shot
    5. Get Conner back in the Team

Yesterday was Dean Smiths 50th game in charge

Cant recall many of the previous 49 games where we we as poor

100% re; Davis TD

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    1. Glad that game is out the way
    2. Rest a few against Wolves
    3.Give liverpool a run for their money
    4. Give Davis a shot
    5. Get Conner back in the Team
    1. Glad that game is out the way- Dead right mate. Yesterday and Anfield were my real fears of total annihilation. We have our own mini-league going on this season.
    2. Rest a few against Wolves- Agree.
    3.Give liverpool a run for their money- I desperately want us to win this one. Living over here, every other person is a plastic scouser. Very few have actually been to Anfield on a match day. I’ve been to Anfield more times than most ‘pool’ fans that I’ve met over here.
    4. Give Davis a shot- I wish he would get ‘a shot’ on target, but at home, we need 2 upfront, are they too similar?
    5. Get Conner back in the Team- Last 30 mins for me, could of been a cricket score yesterday with him starting. IMHO of course.

Went to the game yesterday in the home end with my lad (14yrs old) who likes City, my folks live about 10 miles from the ground and due to horrendous traffic we & a number of City fans missed most of the first half. I asked a fella next to me who seemed a bit worked up it was still 0-0 which told me we'd played ok - shame Trez didn't connect with that cross at the end of the half.

Mings seemed uncharacteristically casual at times yesterday, allowing himself to be out-jumped by a diminutive striker for the header to Sterling who himself tried to cheat with a handball claim later in the game for the fantastic goal-line clearance by that man Mings. A second error led to another goal-line clearance - it could easily have been 5 or 6 and much as I love DS's philosophy of playing out from the back, it's bl00dy risky against the high press tactics from the current champions.

Not sure about 2 defensive midfielders having now seen us play that way, didn't see much of SJM or Douglas on the ball and agree that Davis needs the start, he looked lively when he came on, Wes looks low on confidence & needs to play with swagger.

All credit to City, they gave us no time on the ball and I feel we look quite predictable in our play? I also thought that kit doesn't stand out enough against the background of the pitch meaning some easier passes were missed?

Wolves - sell out crowd, good test, give Jack, John and Marvellous a rest, start with Davis, Lansbury, Connor and El Ghazi.

Sorry, I thought that you meant for the liverpool game. Defo start Davis and CH v wolves.

For wolves

Steer

Elmo
    Konsa
    Hause
    Taylor

Lansbury
    Hourihane
    Douglas
    AEG

Davis
    Kodjia

I'd swap Hause to LB and bring in Chessie for an hour, he'll probably move on in January & we owe it to him to get match fit after he compromised his career playing with an injury.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)