+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well done champs.
    Is the problems solved?no but boy does it feel good to win again.
    A happy house tonight.
    We played far better last week, and lost. Today was 0-0 all over it. And we finally got that lucky break we deserved on the balance of having none recently.
    Made up for young Buckley. Nyambe & Tosin where outstanding at CB. Once Lenihan is back, Nyambe can't lose his place in this team. Hopefully this will be a turning point. But the sooner the likes of Bennett & Downing make way for better younger players we will kick on. Oyr set pirces are woeful. Free kicks, corners are poor. And Downing takes them all. Once Holtby gets a run of games and can play 90 mins we have a real player on our hands. Walton made up for his mistake last week.

Waiter - double Scotch, please! (I know it's only 10am, dear).
    How much did I enjoy that, especially after the disappointment of the rugby!
    Very good performance - especially in the second half.
    Do you know, I almost switched off when they scored to go in search of neighbourhood cats to kick!
    When we got the winner, my wife came running in from the garden to see what had happened. She actually watched the second half with me, but went outside after the SW goal - probably to miss the swearing and moaning!
    Lovely day here, too, and I can enjoy it properly now.
    Champs - you beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Waiter - double Scotch, please! (I know it's only 10am, dear).
    How much did I enjoy that, especially after the disappointment of the rugby!
    Very good performance - especially in the second half.
    Do you know, I almost switched off when they scored to go in search of neighbourhood cats to kick!
    When we got the winner, my wife came running in from the garden to see what had happened. She actually watched the second half with me, but went outside after the SW goal - probably to miss the swearing and moaning!
    Lovely day here, too, and I can enjoy it properly now.
    Champs - you beauty!
    We needed that so bloody much!!! I left be ground smiling and happy too 😁 glad you have the day ahead now with a bounce in your step.
    I was disappointed in the Rugby but had a feeling after last week's efforts and the fact our media here had us as overwhelming favourites that it may've been a game too far. They where better in every area and fully deserved it. England did what England do in sport across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    We needed that so bloody much!!! I left be ground smiling and happy too �� glad you have the day ahead now with a bounce in your step.
    I was disappointed in the Rugby but had a feeling after last week's efforts and the fact our media here had us as overwhelming favourites that it may've been a game too far. They where better in every area and fully deserved it. England did what England do in sport across the board.
    I almost don't want to talk about the rugby, Champs. Just as the All-Blacks played the perfect game a week too early, it now happened to England. South Africa play a limited, ugly game, and they do it perfectly. They made sure the game was stopped as often as possible. Add to that the fact that they got the run of the ball, as well the right end of some poor refereeing decisions, and it all seemed fated.
    I'm not as grudging as I sound there. You play whatever style works for you!

Back to Rovers - the key is, there was nothing between the teams. The Championship just has numerous games where either team can win. There really is very little separation between about fourth and twentieth!
    I actually thought Bennett had a decent game. Downing was a bit anonymous. The poor performance today, I thought, came from Armstrong. How CAN he vary so much from game to game?!
    (In the same way, I suppose, how could Ford and Daly have been so poor after their earlier performances for England?!)

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I almost don't want to talk about the rugby, Champs. Just as the All-Blacks played the perfect game a week too early, it now happened to England. South Africa play a limited, ugly game, and they do it perfectly. They made sure the game was stopped as often as possible. Add to that the fact that they got the run of the ball, as well the right end of some poor refereeing decisions, and it all seemed fated.
    I'm not as grudging as I sound there. You play whatever style works for you!

Back to Rovers - the key is, there was nothing between the teams. The Championship just has numerous games where either team can win. There really is very little separation between about fourth and twentieth!
    I actually thought Bennett had a decent game. Downing was a bit anonymous. The poor performance today, I thought, came from Armstrong. How CAN he vary so much from game to game?!
    (In the same way, I suppose, how could Ford and Daly have been so poor after their earlier performances for England?!)
    Yeah, let's leave the Rugby. We ran out of steam, they looked up for it before it even started. We looked edgy.

Bloody Armstrong!! It's crazy isn't it? How he can flit between anonymous or game winning week to week? It's a bit frustrating.
    I'm not blind to Bennett's qualities, and won't just look at everything he does negatively. I just think Nyambe or Rankin Costello would do no worse. And he's sticking to him, like he did with Smallwood last season. Who was keeping Travis out. And it's to the detriment of the team. Bennett had a better second half, put a few decent crosses. Crossed the ball in for the equaliser. I still feel he gives the ball away too much. Like Downing. We are a better side without Johnson in it. Right idea for the type of player. Just wrong player. And he has been taken out of the side and we've improved ten-fold the last few games. Holtby was a bit quiet but didn't get much service. But he still put the ball of the game through to Gallagher who did well to find Armstrong who I felt should've burried it. Travis was unlucky on the rebound. We desperately need more Holbty, Dack, Travis on the ball. And less these players like Downing, Bennett, Johnson etc who aren't bringing anything the party.
    This will give us confidence today. And we should go to Leeds looking to get something. And with the luck hopefully turning a little, I fancy us to get a point. Like Sheff Wed, and pretty much all these sides.... They are nothing special and no better than us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)