+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 -0 win

2 -0 win

Not been mentioned yet for some reason? Good first half but second half thought Dunfermline were going to score at least once. Still top of the league though and other scores went in our favour. Shimmy rool .

Bravo! A much needed win!

Well done United!

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    Not been mentioned yet for some reason? Good first half but second half thought Dunfermline were going to score at least once. Still top of the league though and other scores went in our favour. Shimmy rool .
    A forgettable game, both teams poor but overall we just about deserved the win. We really need to be better on Tuesday.

Would also say the was Troy Brown's best game for us and Clark was very good for the 1st hour.

Edit to add - My Nicholls bridie was very tasty too.

At £2.70 it should be ,for 50p less you could have got a bovril that keeps the cauld oot fir 20 mins.

No way am i doing winter futba! Winter golf? Just when it suits iz. At least ye can move aboot

Positive, Clark and Robson back in from the start, especially MotM Clark who was played up top with Shankland!

Negative, taking the foot off the gas second half and allowing them the freedom of Tannadice!

We seemed to be playing all game with just enough effort to get the 2 goals, then second half we seemed to just stop attacking and could have paid the price if the lob and one off the bar had went in. Was it because of 3 games in 8 days?

Siegrist hardly worried, but great save from Dow, but had a dodgy punch rather than catch late on!
    Smith solid enough
    Brown up there for MotM
    Reynolds was strolling most of the game.
    Robson some shift to put in on first game back from injury
    McMullan mostly anonymous
    Butcher Looked off the pace but solid enough
    Harkes dont see what the fuss is about and all too often the game passed him by!
    Pawlett mostly anonymous
    Shankland not his best game
    Clark deserved MotM. As soon as he lined up that free kick, i knew it was going in!

Might seem as im not happy, but 2 more results like that this week and today was worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Positive, Clark and Robson back in from the start, especially MotM Clark who was played up top with Shankland!

Negative, taking the foot off the gas second half and allowing them the freedom of Tannadice!

We seemed to be playing all game with just enough effort to get the 2 goals, then second half we seemed to just stop attacking and could have paid the price if the lob and one off the bar had went in. Was it because of 3 games in 8 days?

Siegrist hardly worried, but great save from Dow, but had a dodgy punch rather than catch late on!
    Smith solid enough
    Brown up there for MotM
    Reynolds was strolling most of the game.
    Robson some shift to put in on first game back from injury
    McMullan mostly anonymous
    Butcher Looked off the pace but solid enough
    Harkes dont see what the fuss is about and all too often the game passed him by!
    Pawlett mostly anonymous
    Shankland not his best game
    Clark deserved MotM. As soon as he lined up that free kick, i knew it was going in!

Might seem as im not happy, but 2 more results like that this week and today was worth it!
    Agree with all of that apart from McMullan being anonymous? He had plenty of the ball but was fkn hopeless with it.

Yes a win but not a convincing one. There were positives though. Thought Clark was excellent, even apart from the goal he really gave 100%.

I didn't think Pawlett was anonymous, in the first half I saw him chasing down a lot of balls which he wasn't doing in previous weeks.

Also agree that McMullan wasn't anonymous either, he has a pretty thankless task running himself into the ground. Yes his final product could certainly be better but anonymous, no.

Added to that a decent free kick at last!

Quote Originally Posted by B4 i go View Post
    At £2.70 it should be ,for 50p less you could have got a bovril that keeps the cauld oot fir 20 mins.

No way am i doing winter futba! Winter golf? Just when it suits iz. At least ye can move aboot
    That was bitter today. If a politician stands up over the next few months and says they are gonna bring summer fitba they will get my vote.

First half ok 2nd nt at the races.

Defence looked solid enough. Brown was excellent, Reynolds strolled it.

Agree with earlier remarks. Dnt get what harkes brings to team.

Pawlett still doesn’t look fit to me. Bt did well in first half chasing balls down.

McMullen frustrates the hell out of me. A lot running with no end product. Has played a lot better.

Pat did the basics well bt needs to step it up. To laxidasical at times.

Clark was worthy of his MOTM. Great free kick.

Again shanks didn’t get near enough service. Took a couple of hefty challenges today. But to his credit continued to chased a couple of lost causes down well at tail end of game.

Great 3 points. Need to do better on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    That was bitter today. If a politician stands up over the next few months and says they are gonna bring summer fitba they will get my vote.
    Please take your political talk to the sub forum. Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)