+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too critical???

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Indeed, was a mix of that and the previous results since the last home game, hopefully be better more engaged support on Tues
    With the Derby ticket sales, it’s no exaggeration to say that had we scored a third yesterday, the ground would have emptied as if we’d gone three down instead. Don’t think the Club will be pulling this same stunt any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerineman View Post
    Second visit to Tannadice this season. I’ve been a fan since the sixties so have seen the the good, the bad and the ugly. Today, in the GF with my son and grandson and saw united win 2-0 to go top of the league. Not the best game I’ve ever seen. The constant criticism was “get the ball up the park”, “ffs mcmullan “ etc etc. We kept looking at each other in disbelief. If I was a season ticket holder I could live with a 2-0 victory at home every home game even if it wasn’t the best entertainment. What are the expectations of these critics? I saw shankland make a mistake and give away a throw in and get a round of applause for his effort and endeavour. If that had been mcmullan he would have been on the end of some abuse. Definitely sitting in different seats next visit. Side to side passing at the back can be frustrating but if that is the only option rather than a punt can we not show some patience and wait for an opening? It’s going to take hard graft and sometimes winning dirty to get out of this league but come the end of the season if we do get promoted then today will be forgotten.
    Nt sure about being too critical yesterday. Criticism where it is due. We where awful 2nd half. McMullen was nt at his best yest. Bt neither were other players including shankland and harkes. If it’s constructive criticism your looking for. I’m afraid footballs the wrong environment for that. Bt I get where your coming from with the criticism levelled at mcmullen.

Poor match yesterday - especially in 2nd half, United were toiling, almost sitting back allowing Dunfermline to get back into the game.

A match to forget - but if Dunfermline had scored ( rather than hitting the bar ) it could have been a nervous last 20 minutes.

That said, it was not until mid way through the 2nd half that I noticed both Paton and Fraser were playing ............

Overall a dull, non exciting match and United will need to improve their game when playing better, in form teams.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Today was ok first half, poor second half

A win is all that matters for me in this league though so I'll take that all season, can't argue with the home form so far, 5 out of 5 scoring at least 2 in each, 7 in a row going back to last season and 12 wins in last 13

Last two games away were terrible and must address that asap
    Last 3 away were terrible. Agree with great home form shame it's a 200 mile round trip cant do midweek

I tend to disagree about Ayr being terrible compared to the last two as we had 20 shots at goal and were a terrible Clark miss away from changing the game in our favour

We need to be better though overall, even at home but while churning out the wins when not on top form then you can't complain to much

Disagree back. Awful first half at Ayr many of shots were pass backs we deserved what we got.

Great that we have scrapped for 6 points last 2 will need to be much better. Midfield and wide areas need sorted. Shame it seems Banks is not available would add something. How bad must C Smith be to be behind Harkes Stanton Pawlett an out of sorts McMullan and it seems even worse than his brother King...!

Not too critical, criticism is good when directed correctly rather than spite!

Its good we are grinding results when below par on all counts, but below par for such long periods will catch us up.

The last two games at HOME we have been behind on every statistical count, every visual point and in spirit, there is something needs sorted.........

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Not too critical, criticism is good when directed correctly rather than spite!

Its good we are grinding results when below par on all counts, but below par for such long periods will catch us up.

The last two games at HOME we have been behind on every statistical count, every visual point and in spirit, there is something needs sorted.........
    I think its getting highlighted now how weak our squad is. When 1 or 2 of our key players are unavailable through injury or a few are struggling for form of late like McMullan & Harkes then we can't fill these voids.

The lad King looks hopeless, Stanton is a good player off the bench and Cammy Smith must've sh4t in Robbie’s shoe!!! What does he have to do to get a game?

Two massive games coming up and we could be without Pawlett, Brown & Connolly. We need another 2 or 3 in January to bolster this squad imo.

Yea that's a good point, it only took Connolly and Robson to get injured to have an affect on us and since then we have has the odd injury or two

Butcher missed a game, Pawlett has, Brown etc

We need them all back as the depth isn't there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)