+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motd

Motd

Well lads you gotta give Lineker and his 'guests' top marks for consistency. Two weeks running now no mention of Dwight McNeil. Plenty of praise for Chelsea's young guns who, by the way are all older and more experienced than Dwight are they not?
    No mention last week of his superb cross for Wood to head in rising above the entire Leicester defence. This week no mention of his performance at all and none about Rodriguez' stunning goal or Dwight's goal. These coming when a team are four goals down. Ok we lost both games, the first we all agree we were robbed of a point. Yesterday was more of gifting Chelsea through defensive errors which they weren't slow to benefit from. This is the sort of talent that money can and does buy.
    Will we as a club ever be in a position to have the money to get us into the running as one of the top Premier League Clubs? I would say not, but we do deserve credit for doing what we do as well as we can and are a shining light to other clubs in the lower leagues I'm sure.
    C'mon MOTD give a bit of credit when it's due, it works wonders for the players self-belief, not to mention the fans.

We won’t even get the time of day off old jug ears and his pals on MOTD.

Non of them are worth listening too IMO, overpaid yesterdays Footballers talking sh1te which most fans standing/sitting on the terraces could muster more interesting dialogue.

As you say Fran nothing of any note about Burnley, it was all Chelsea as they are one of the cream and nothing else matters.

"Great interception from Jorginho", Great interception my Arse, the ball was kicked straight at him ! "Great save by the goalkeeper" Yes now its a fantastic save when the ball is hit straight at you and you don't have to move hardly, Jemane Jenas said Tarky pulled his leg away but that was not the incident, Lowton pushed him from behind and when you are travelling that fast you go to ground, but I don't think its a penalty ? What a load of tosh, he was fouled or he wasn't FFS.

It was the same when we played Arsenal "Arsenal could go 4th if they win" Burnley could have gone 4th with just a draw but that was never mentioned..

When I used to attend games especially with non Football people I used to tell them that I don't talk about anything and it would be just a quick quip if anything as for me it spoils the game having a chat or explaining something.

The other week I watched Man Utd v Liverpool, we had the commentator which we always have, but we also had 2 co commentators in Jamie Carragher and Phil Neville chirping in every 60 seconds which was so annoying, and you couldn't turn it down as you lost the atmosphere of the crowd.

I watched a league match between 2 lower league teams many years ago and a well known pundit said after a terrible decision "This would have been a travesty if this was an important game", Well for both teams and fans it was an important game but these sort of folk have no thought or compassion for lower league Clubs and it stood out like a sore thumb.

Its always been a talking sport for the supporters in the Club/Pub/Home or on the way home, not for MOTD/SKY or others, but its turning into it more and more talking about every minute detail which takes away more footage of the actual game.

Brian Clough was right many years ago with his attack on John Motson, about 3 minutes in.

I've no interest in Anything the twisted BBC bandwagon of corrupted non-contextual blather have to offer - and the MOTD circular dead head synthesis in controlled thinking - is just another player in their self-seeking agenda dialectic of "we are wrong and they are right"...built on obscuring the obvious in pointless complications, so leading others to search for answers through their Snake- Oil Fakes who conclusions are seen as trusted fact - even if, they're reached them by a bent logic.
    What they seek - is to keep us tuning in, addicted into reliance...until they have a pedestal...and We send Our own Truths - into oblivion.

Top-Tip.........dont watch - or better still, switch it off - and Phoooook Them !

I record the programme so I can just watch the footy and skip through the garbage in between !!

Although I do tend to listen to what they have to say about Burnley just in case for once they might come up with something worth hearing. However I think I might be asking a little too much of the Leicester City supporter and Newcastle supporter to expect anything constructive about Burnley.

Sound advice from Mr Clough for Lineker and his tribe of second rate pundits, "I suggest you shut up and show more football".

Quote Originally Posted by frantastic51 View Post
    Although I do tend to listen to what they have to say about Burnley just in case for once they might come up with something worth hearing.

what can they say of any real importance - Fran....you see the game, and build your Own conclusions...so does it matter what they think ?...besides, its not like you can debate it out with them - it's one sided, and you already realise where their allegiance lays - footy is a big business....with guys earning hundreds of thousands a week, just for kicking a ball around, it's absurd - and they know that.....so'll sit there all day long exaggerating and overstating the obvious - puffing it up into a massive blur with bells on - they're aggrandising sell outs in a pretentious freakshow...no more.

I went on the train to Glasgow on Sunday and got the chat on with Gers fans going to their home game against Motherwell. One of them said he had read a report where Lineker is being paid £11 million a year by the BBC. PLEASE tell me that cannot be right?

I read somewhere it was 2 Million BT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)