+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 down, 26 to go, onto Partick Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post

Ps did the referee really give a free kick in our half for our offside!?!?
    Yes he did! But that may be right in the new fangled way way offside works when the free is taken from where the player touched the ball!

On a related note, Mansell when he came on was offside from the keepers kick quite a few times, but never flagged when he touched the ball.

Ref was very poor.

Patrick were consistently not taking throws or free kicks from where they should.

Don’t even think shanks was offside for that one near the end

Shanks header was fantastic

Butcher was the man of the match. What a player. We really need him - not too many suspensions and he can lead us to title.

Harkes was awful I thought. He just has not adapted to how it works in championship. He needs more dig or something. Game passed him by and when involved it didn’t help.

Would agree with previous posts. central mid is our weak area. Stanton is not consistent enough. King not there yet either on evidence of tonight.

Clark is a smart player. The galloping Appere put in a decent shift. McMullen did also.

That back four is probably our best

Would like to sort out midfield and have Appere up with Shanks - 4-4-2 like start of season

I thought we were terrible tonight, our form is going to catch up with us. Butcher is our best centre half, unfortunately he is our only midfielder with dig. If we show anything like the form we have the last 5-6 games, we will be off the top of the league by the end of November. Thistle were happy to leave Reynolds on the ball, and our midfield couldn't tackle or pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I thought we were terrible tonight, our form is going to catch up with us. Butcher is our best centre half, unfortunately he is our only midfielder with dig. If we show anything like the form we have the last 5-6 games, we will be off the top of the league by the end of November. Thistle were happy to leave Reynolds on the ball, and our midfield couldn't tackle or pass.
    We've been terrible most of the season. Shankland is a huge sticking plaster and without him we would be sitting mid-table. I dread to think what would happen if he gets injured. Anyway apparently 3 points is all that matters so hey ho.

Yes believe we were very poor again tonight. We should be knocking in a few goals at home against the bottom side (irrespective of how they play).

Centre mid was absent as stated above with heads spinning because there was no decent out ball from the back. King just isn't up to it and couldn't inspire me.
    Harkes didn't get the ball enough to face either goal, (Stanton is a better partner for him).
    Clark seems to flit around a great deal but I don't think actually contributes much, I need to see a lot more from him.

High chance we're gonna be sitting joint 3rd with Dundee next weekend after being 9 points clear of them a few weeks ago. Pathetic.

Pathetic to have 8 wins from 11 and 24 pts?

I hope we are that pathetic all season

Unrealistic to think we should be knocking goals on left right and centre in this league, this is our level, it will be a battle to get out this league, no one is or ever was going to run away with it this season

Partick got all their pts away from home and won 3-1 at Inverness and Dundee in the last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    King, Did ok, did not deserve to be hooked as he was the better midfielder at the time.
    were you blootered he is absolutely terrible

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Pathetic to have 8 wins from 11 and 24 pts?

I hope we are that pathetic all season

Unrealistic to think we should be knocking goals on left right and centre in this league, this is our level, it will be a battle to get out this league, no one is or ever was going to run away with it this season

Partick got all their pts away from home and won 3-1 at Inverness and Dundee in the last few weeks
    Reported as Spam

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    were you blootered he is absolutely terrible
    In relation to Badger, he is not worthy of the shirt, but in comparison to Harkes last night, he was the better player!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)