+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 down, 26 to go, onto Partick Tuesday

10 down, 26 to go, onto Partick Tuesday

Despite the league table this will be a difficult game if we don't step it up from Saturday, Thistle have lost 5/5 at Firhill but away from home w2 D2 L1 with their last two under McCall on the road being 3-1 wins in Inverness and at Dens so they are obviously better away from Firhill

Hopefully Butcher is ok as he was limping at the end of game, he is important for us, my mom on Saturday and we need him for the games against Inverness and Fun

I'd go with

Siegrist
    Smith Brown Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Butcher Harkes Clark
    Shankland Appere

United 2-1 Partick

A question for you mate(very hypothetical i know),if we were continue our recent form of winning at home and losing away would that points total at the end of the season be enough to go up?Correct me if i am wrong but i think we would end up on 60 points.

Very difficult games on Tuesday and next Saturday. If we don't step up for these games , then there is every chance we could be level with them across the road going into the derby. As i thought we were pretty phish yesterday with the exception of a 25 minute spell.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Despite the league table this will be a difficult game if we don't step it up from Saturday, Thistle have lost 5/5 at Firhill but away from home w2 D2 L1 with their last two under McCall on the road being 3-1 wins in Inverness and at Dens so they are obviously better away from Firhill

Hopefully Butcher is ok as he was limping at the end of game, he is important for us, my mom on Saturday and we need him for the games against Inverness and Fun

I'd go with

Siegrist
    Smith Brown Reynolds Robson
    McMullan Butcher Harkes Clark
    Shankland Appere

United 2-1 Partick
    Clark oot on the left is like playing wi a man doon shedka?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    A question for you mate(very hypothetical i know),if we were continue our recent form of winning at home and losing away would that points total at the end of the season be enough to go up?Correct me if i am wrong but i think we would end up on 60 points.

You'd have to factor in we have won 2 of our 5 away games though which would give us another 4-5 wins on the road, hypothetically like you say

Plus I think the last two away games which were on plastic were different to Ayr away (who were flying at the time) as we had some chances that day, Clarke missed a sitter at 1-0 them which had he scored I reckon would have saw us go onto win

If we continue to win the majority as we have done and not draw many games (which we definitely don't do these days) I can't see anyone finishing above us

And recently you were looking at pts over last five games, after Saturday that's us gained more pts in the last five than anyone else in the league... It's that kind of league, the others are still going to take pts off each other

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Clark oot on the left is like playing wi a man doon shedka?

Not for me as the start of season with that exact setup showed

Utd 4-1 ICT
    Partick 1-2 Utd
    Dunfy 0-2 Utd

I would have said Pawlett but think Clark deserves to keep his pace after Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Very difficult games on Tuesday and next Saturday. If we don't step up for these games , then there is every chance we could be level with them across the road going into the derby. As i thought we were pretty phish yesterday with the exception of a 25 minute spell.

or we could be 12 pts ahead of them going into it, let's not forget they are hardly in great form, a couple wins in their last five, no certainties to win their two games by any stretch

Have you read my post mate?,it was a genuine question,honest.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It has been shown that 18 points a quarter if we keep it up, could be enough! Think you are right with current achievable total is 60, so target is all home wins plus 4 more away wins is all we need. I think we will need to get some extra away games in the bag though, just to stave off the couple of home losses we will take over the next few month!

Looking ahead to the match on Tuesday, its a tricky one as i wonder if McCall can get his troops wound up enough to worry us? We also had far too many on an off day on Saturday that there has to be changes. No way would i split up Shankland and Clark after Saturday, but then i said that when Appere was there. Butcher i think cramped up near the end so hopefully makes it, or i fear having Harkes and Stanton in the middle together.

Barring injury, keeper, back 4 and up front should pick themselves for another few games, but midfield is becoming a struggle, and i can see King getting a start! Maybe McMullan, Butcher, King, Pawlett with an alternative if injured of Stanton and Appere for Butcher and Pawlett.

Expecting just enough to win by more than one again!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Not for me as the start of season with that exact setup showed

Utd 4-1 ICT
    Partick 1-2 Utd
    Dunfy 0-2 Utd

I would have said Pawlett but think Clark deserves to keep his pace after Saturday
    at the start of the season playing there he done f uck all

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)