+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Port Vale

Port Vale

Well, although PV fans continue to fantasise that this isn't a derby, we all know it is really. I'm sure they'll raise their game as they're playing the top of the table.
    Of course, we'll be facing one of our former academy players whose father dragged off to Liverpool as part of his preparation for the big time. And now he plays for the Vale!
    No doubt Pope will cause us problems as he frequently does.
    However, we are made of tougher stuff this year and therefore should be able to stand up to Vale's bullying tactics.
    We are capable of easily beating them as long as we play our usual game albeit at a faster and slighter more direct approach.
    I'm going to really stick my neck out this time and say 3-1 to the Alex. Powell, Porter and Lowery.

If you mean Dan Trickett-Smith, then he's out on loan. Nowhere near their first team.

Which adds to my point!

Looking forward to the game on Saturday from the safety of the main stand the Ice Cream stand is not a pleasent or safe place to be how it gets a safety certificate is a mystery when it's full.
    I don't think Pope will play he's mainly on the bench these days his legs are finally giving up.
    I'm sorry to say it's only you and Radio Stoke who claim this to be a derby if you need to see a derby watch us against Stoke that is a derby atmosphere.
    I predict a Crewe win we are dodgy away from home so no double from us this season .

Not all of us see it as a derby and you’re right that Radio Joke really talk it up; still, gives them something to do and deflects the attention away from the other mob for a week! No matter how badly they’re doing or playing they still get wildly disproportionate coverage.

Anyway, to Saturday’s game there’s no doubt we should win, although our away form is better than at home - let’s hope it’s a decent game played in the manner that the managers both display and not with the hype that McGarry and Co give it. Whatever else, there will be a good atmosphere and there’s nowt wrong with the away side - many of us had happy memories from the Popular Side and didn’t really want to move. Gresty Road May not be the Wembley of the North, but it does have atmosphere.

It's possible we'll be the ones playing Stoke next season!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    It's possible we'll be the ones playing Stoke next season!
    Indeed, but we will still be Number 3 in the Radio Joke order of play.... grrrrrr!

Any whispers about home ticket sales? I assume Vale will bring the full complement.
    If Asked is getting them to play "football", then that can only be in our favour. However, should Pope play, it may be different.

Askey. I hate it when tech thinks it knows better.

Heard the Gresty Road end is almost sold out so I think we should be looking at a crowd of between 7000-7500. Are they still selling tickets today so if they are we might even get over 8000

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast