+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start protesting against Milne and McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Correct. Empty stands is by far the best way to let the club know it's time for change.

Aberdonians are a fairly conservative bunch though and striking isn't something that comes naturally to them.
    Bloody racist conservatives!

There’s no point in protesting as your fellow supporters will just complain & rip the pish right out you.

Just don’t go to the home games. I promise you, you won’t be missing out on anything, you’ll save money & Milne won’t get a penny from you towards the Highland Sh1tbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There’s no point in protesting as your fellow supporters will just complain & rip the pish right out you.

Just don’t go to the home games. I promise you, you won’t be missing out on anything, you’ll save money & Milne won’t get a penny from you towards the Highland Sh1tbox.
    Paint the banner. Drape the banner. Leave the ground.

Empty stands help keep money out of Milne's hands.

Let there be no misunderstanding brothers. Any Aberdeen fan continuing to attend Dons games is helping to kill the once mighty.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I think supporters not going to games is already well under way. There was only 15,000 at the game yesterday - compare that with the attendance at the first celtic game last season of 20,000. The last home game against Hibs the attendance was 13,880 (allegedly) which compares with 15,629 in the first Hibs home game last season. The trend has already started. Last season the first Killie home game had 15,560 there. Who think there will be remotely anything like that next Saturday?

Season ticket sales are 1,000 down on last season. They will be another 1,000 plus down next season unless our playing style dramatically improves (which it won't).

It's also interesting to note that they have not published dna numbers for this season - no doubt due to them being significantly down on the 6,500 sold last season.

People are already voting with their feet/wallet. It will continue.

Totally agree. I didn't bother renewing ST for the season. Went to Hertz game and a European but haven't been back since. Watched that dross on TV yesterday and glad I haven't a ticket that forces me to go. Strong sevco now, so the neep will be happy and we're back to a decade ago. I hate not going to the games, but I can't justify wasting my time going these days.

Here's a better idea, why don't you lot get of your lazy arses, get a banner made and go do it yourself? How hard can it be? Look at it as an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Here's a better idea, why don't you lot get of your lazy arses, get a banner made and go do it yourself? How hard can it be? Look at it as an investment.
    Well said.

Whilst I fully understand the frustration and disappointment of the OP. I really don't see the point of some organised protest at this point. What will it achieve ? The Chairman's not going to resign or sack the management team. Even if in the unlikely event any of that happened what happens next ?. That's not to say those who run our club should not be accountable to the fans. What must be made crystal clear to McInnes is he starts doing his job or there will be protest asking for a manager who is prepared to install fight into the team. Can anyone tell me if there is a Fans representative on the board perhaps that's the avenue/forum to make our views clear without the divisive nature of angry protest which IMO should always be a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

Yip. Few of us had a "S. Milne Epic Fail" banner a few years ago at a Hearts home game. Took abuse from melts in the south stand at the time then subsequently online.

Waste of time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12