Wolves head to Villa Park for their first true Derby since being promoted back to the Prem. It just happens to come in the EFL Cup and not in league play. Overall, I have to imagine Villa are fairly satisfied in their performance in the Prem so far. Obviously early in the season, so not safe yet but they've looked decent so far and should be safe come season's end. Dean Smith has done a good job in a pressure filled environment, especially after they had gone through a tumultuous regime after tumultuous regime. Looks like they've been playing a fairly strong squad in their first two EFL Cup matches, beating Crewe 6-1 and Brighton 3-1. Grealish and Hourihane have scored in both matches. Jack Grealish is the motor that makes their engine go. He has four goals total - 2 in league play, 2 in the EFL Cup - on the season. But he's involved in much of their attack and build up. After falling in and out of the fans' grace in his early years, I have to imagine he's much beloved now that he's put together a couple consistent seasons and has hit the ground running in the Prem. I believe there is going to be quite a crowd from this match and I think it's sold out for both teams? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think we'll play quite a first team squad, but Nuno will understand the gravity of this match, even if it's just in the lesser Cup and not in the Prem or FA Cup. But I think Villa will be more up for it at home.

Aston Villa 2-1 Wolves

MGW

1) wolves71 - 13.1
2) WOODLANDSWOLF - 11.2
3) MichiganWolf - 9.1
3) Palmeras - 9.1
3) GrizzledWolf - 9.1
6) wolfiebill - 7.1
6) nortonwolf - 7.1
8) Woking88 - 5.1
9) abbobrom - 5
10) plater - 3