+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prediction League - Aston Villa - EFL Cup

Prediction League - Aston Villa - EFL Cup

Wolves head to Villa Park for their first true Derby since being promoted back to the Prem. It just happens to come in the EFL Cup and not in league play. Overall, I have to imagine Villa are fairly satisfied in their performance in the Prem so far. Obviously early in the season, so not safe yet but they've looked decent so far and should be safe come season's end. Dean Smith has done a good job in a pressure filled environment, especially after they had gone through a tumultuous regime after tumultuous regime. Looks like they've been playing a fairly strong squad in their first two EFL Cup matches, beating Crewe 6-1 and Brighton 3-1. Grealish and Hourihane have scored in both matches. Jack Grealish is the motor that makes their engine go. He has four goals total - 2 in league play, 2 in the EFL Cup - on the season. But he's involved in much of their attack and build up. After falling in and out of the fans' grace in his early years, I have to imagine he's much beloved now that he's put together a couple consistent seasons and has hit the ground running in the Prem. I believe there is going to be quite a crowd from this match and I think it's sold out for both teams? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think we'll play quite a first team squad, but Nuno will understand the gravity of this match, even if it's just in the lesser Cup and not in the Prem or FA Cup. But I think Villa will be more up for it at home.

Aston Villa 2-1 Wolves

MGW

1) wolves71 - 13.1
    2) WOODLANDSWOLF - 11.2
    3) MichiganWolf - 9.1
    3) Palmeras - 9.1
    3) GrizzledWolf - 9.1
    6) wolfiebill - 7.1
    6) nortonwolf - 7.1
    8) Woking88 - 5.1
    9) abbobrom - 5
    10) plater - 3

Does anyone know or think that there might be a televised stream for this match?

Villa 2 Wolves 2 desmond for me
    Jota

3-1 Villa, Cutrone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Does anyone know or think that there might be a televised stream for this match?
    I would think so. It’s on a streaming service for me in the States, which usually means it’s on one of the British stations

Bill, the game is not being covered live in the UK, highlights on Quest channel, later on. If as MIch suggests there is a stream in the states you may be able to pick it up off the internet... if you’re prepared to endure the lag and signal dropping off from time to time.

Villa 1 Wolves 2 Neto. I expect both sides to make changes, despite the full house and local derby thing.

Thanks Mich & Norton. I'll have a look tomorrow evening (and put in my prediction), after I've seen my client.

Aston Villa 0-1 Wolves (Doherty)

Aston Villa 2 Wolves 1

Ashley-Seal

https://www.vipleague.lc/football-sports-stream

Should be able to catch the game on there. Just don't click on any of the pop ups.

May the best team win

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)