+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turfites "VAR/Foul" Scrutiny Thread.

Turfites "VAR/Foul" Scrutiny Thread.

thought it would be Fun (without bias) to offer up our thoughts....on some of those questionable decisions.

starting off with Spurs v Liverpool.

Aurier "Foul" on Mane....was it ?

at 2mins 28sec.

For me its a classic trait by a player to put his body into the line of his opponents movements to gain a free kick/penalty, you see it mostly when a forward is attacking and sees the defender about to make his move, the forward will plant his whole body where the defender is going to make his challenge, I have seen it a few times this season, and it looks odd because its not a natural move to maintain control of the ball, but it is a natural move to gain the foul, which in my opinion is cheating and the powers that be are swallowing it hook line and sinker, Mane, whether he knew what would happen or not was going for the ball, so was Aurier who could not know that Mane would do, so for me it was an accident which is not the same as intent, so I'd say NO Penalty.

P.S. I don't know whether its me or not but some of your YouTube's will not play, I had to go to the site to view it again, just letting you know Norder

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

thought it would be Fun (without bias) to offer up our thoughts....on some of those questionable decisions.

starting off with Spurs v Liverpool.

Aurier "Foul" on Mane....was it ?

at 2mins 28sec.

Was it a foul? Arguable but the ref sees it as a penalty and it then goes to VAR who we presume cannot see anything” clear and obvious “ to overturn his decision. Penalty confirmed and that is okay by me and does not need the ref to go to the VAR screen.

.......Perhaps when we do not pay any taxes? .....Video unavailable
    The up loader has not made this video available in your country.

...Anyway it was FOUL ,cause I had them to win 3-1,and even then they missed a few 'easy ones!''

Not a Foul for me.....Aurier had recovered from the fall and was onto the ball before Mane, you can see his intention, was going to smash it out of play - Mane stepped between Aurier as he was in the movement to strike the ball, doesn't look intentional....and anyway, with the angle of contact , also the direction that Mane was moving, I can't see why that would have caused him to go to ground so easily, and wasn't that obvious as even the Liverpool support behind goal didnt shout for it....so (imo) is baffling how the Ref was So Sure of it....that he was that quick to point the spot.

Alto - having no probs here with accessing the Vids in the "Goals/Highlights thread"....only the on Arsenal - where the vids gone down completely, typical, as I didn't post a backup for it.....Is your flash player up to dae, have you tried a different browser, Explorer/Mozilla ?......anyone else having difficulty ?

And feel free all - post a foul, dodgy decision, anything debatable....as you like.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    .......Perhaps when we do not pay any taxes? .....Video unavailable
    The up loader has not made this video available in your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Not a Foul for me.....Aurier had recovered from the fall and was onto the ball before Mane, you can see his intention, was going to smash it out of play - Mane stepped between Aurier as he was in the movement to strike the ball, doesn't look intentional....and anyway, with the angle of contact , also the direction that Mane was moving, I can't see why that would have caused him to go to ground so easily, and wasn't that obvious as even the Liverpool support behind goal didnt shout for it....so (imo) is baffling how the Ref was So Sure of it....that he was that quick to point the spot.

Alto - having no probs here with accessing the Vids in the "Goals/Highlights thread"....only the on Arsenal - where the vids gone down completely, typical, as I didn't post a backup for it.....Is your flash player up to dae, have you tried a different browser, Explorer/Mozilla ?......anyone else having difficulty ?

And feel free all - post a foul, dodgy decision, anything debatable....as you like.

Cheers.
    Wood was adjudged to have fouled Evans just one week previously, therefore, if that is seen as a foul, this had to be a foul because Mane got into a position between Aurier and the ball and was kicked by Aurier. Intent no longer comes into the equation, it was a foul anywhere on the pitch, therefore, because it happened in the area, it is a penalty. Aurier himself did not contest the decision because he knew that he had kicked Mane instead of the ball.
    Mane was clever and Aurier too slow and I am convinced that the ball no longer matters in modern football at the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Wood was adjudged to have fouled Evans just one week previously, therefore, if that is seen as a foul, this had to be a foul........

both equally barmy then - Sub.

Cheers for the opinion.

Arsenal v Palace.

Chambers foul ?

.....VAR, Goal disallowed.

2min 47s

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)