+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Milne selling up......

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    That's a first. Somebody having a go at himself. That's taking pedantry to new levels ��

As for the OP. What a load of absolute pish.
    I’m a grammar & spelling Nazi.
    I’d imagine that description got you slightly aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post

As for the second part....we are a club that will hold our hands out to new investors. Can’t say it will be clean cash but we will certainly be interested.
    My view is it's pish that any mega loaded yingtong would be interested in Aberdeen.

Would love to be proven wrong mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'm a grammar & spelling Nazi.
    I'm a granda & Byron Nazi.

Pleased to meet you.

I would love to believe this, I really would, but unfortunately find it highly unlikely. Milne wants to build Legoland and isnt going to stop until he does.

I will be the first to party like fvck and say I am wrong should it happen though.

First thing to do please, tear up the plans for Kingsford and redevelop Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by bucky1973 View Post
    The story I heard was about Wolves and the son of the owner wanted to invest but was told that the club didn't need Chinese money as they had American money
    Hope I'm wrong but it appears suspicious to me that another son of a Premiership owner wants to invest
    Does that mean we get Jorge Mendes to bring us half the Portuguese national team?

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I would love to believe this, I really would, but unfortunately find it highly unlikely. Milne wants to build Legoland and isnt going to stop until he does.

I will be the first to party like fvck and say I am wrong should it happen though.

First thing to do please, tear up the plans for Kingsford and redevelop Pittodrie.
    I agree, it's highly unlikely.
    That said, if it fills the funding gap and he got it names the Stewart Milne Arena (or something like that) it may fly.

I do think it's possible he will move on once it's completed

Too f’uckin late then min.

Aberdeen Football Club will have died

I’m not supporting Westhill Wanderers

There is no way Milne will leave before weve played competitively in the new stadium.

Current date for that is August 2022

I'd fully expect he stands down in the following 6-12 months after that and particularly if SMG wins the naming rights to the stadium

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    There is no way Milne will leave before weve played competitively in the new stadium.

Current date for that is August 2022

I'd fully expect he stands down in the following 6-12 months after that and particularly if SMG wins the naming rights to the stadium
    That's correct, he wants to leave a legacy; and he's banking that it won't have catastrophic effects and the people most against dying off pretty quickly and the young having no such issues about travelling to Westhill.

His tenure has been so awful so why not cap it off with the coup de grace....

What he’s banking on is most people just having a moan and relying on them turning up anyway.

He’s taking a risk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast