+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162
Results 1,611 to 1,618 of 1618

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

[QUOTE=gm_gm;39385

Hopefully the trend will continue and you never know within a decade we could have a Rotherham Tory MP[/QUOTE]

We,ve already had two prominent Tory,s from Rotherham
    William Hague and Justine Greening ex Oakwood Comp

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    And both cabinet ministers at the side time, which, at the time made us the town in the UK with most cabinet ministers.

If the Conservatives play their cards right they could be in power for the next 30-50 years.
    Having done the unthinkable and winning Labour heartland seats they are now making all the right noises to cement their gains. Obviously it needs backing up with actions but with the level of ineptitude shown by Labour and LD is won,t be too difficult for them.

For Labour to come out now and say they underestimated the level of feeling over honouring the referendum is astonishing. How many warning shots did they need? Did the ignore the rise of the Brexit Party ane EU elections.

Love or loathe the Conservatives It's a good job Labour weren't in charge with the levels of incompetence they,ve shown

If the Conservatives play their cards right they could be in power for the next 30-50 years.
    Having done the unthinkable and winning Labour heartland seats they are now making all the right noises to cement their gains. Obviously it needs backing up with actions but with the level of ineptitude shown by Labour and LD is won,t be too difficult for them.

For Labour to come out now and say they underestimated the level of feeling over honouring the referendum is astonishing. How many warning shots did they need? Did the ignore the rise of the Brexit Party ane EU elections.

Love or loathe the Conservatives It's a good job Labour weren't in charge with the levels of incompetence they,ve shown
    The Tories said that when Blair won in 97 a weeks a long time in politics so five years is where ?

I take your point Labour have some difficult choices and decisions to make going forward but governments feck up too .

As I've stated in a previous post there's rumblings already about Johnson and his bribe money for his nothern new found friends and all empires implode from within .

See where we are in 18 months .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The Tories said that when Blair won in 97 a weeks a long time in politics so five years is where ?

I take your point Labour have some difficult choices and decisions to make going forward but governments feck up too .

As I've stated in a previous post there's rumblings already about Johnson and his bribe money for his nothern new found friends and all empires implode from within .

See where we are in 18 months .
    Heard a comment from a very high ranking Tory cabinet minister that they we will support Blair into the war and do the over in the fall out.

Both Remainers though so not really in touch with the town they're from.

Hague never was really, although we used to like his Dad's pop.

The note left by Liam Byrne, the chief secretary to the Treasury when Labour lost the 2010 GE . It showed the contempt of the ex government for the hard working people who had put them in government , the public are not as stupid as these people think, what goes round comes round

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 20.01.43.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  11.3 KB

Apropos of nothing at all, this evening I found myself booked into a Travelodge in a settlement South of Rotherham where I will be working tomorrow and found, to my horror, that I had failed to pack a toothbrush.

I rushed to a small Tesco where I found that the only toothbrush on sale was a Colgate 'tooth whitening' affair. It is all very fancy with blocks of differently coloured blocks of shaped bristles. It reminded me, unbidden, of the Labour manifesto. Lots of show.

I have no idea if the toothbrush is effective and don't care as I bought a bottle of wine too.

Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162