+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    An example of "substitution" in the workforce can be seen in post-war Britain. At the same time as the British Nationality Act 1948 encouraged Commonwealth immigration into the UK to help with labour shortages governments were encouraging women to return to domesticity with the result that millions left the workplace and by 1951 women in employment were back to pre-war levels. The heroic intervention of Windrush to save the UK is a nonsense.
    There was actually plenty of labour anyway but overmanning due to the closed shop.

National parties aren't in control of immigration anyway, it's all decided at an international level by the UN, banks, corporations and globalist NGO groups like the Bilderberg Group, The Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations.
    Last edited by great_fire; 15-11-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It says "extend" like I said.

What do you think "extend" and "expand" mean?
    Read my reply to Kerr. Ive explained it.

Quoting the official text from the Labour party website they use the word 'extension' and 'extend' NOT 'expand'.

In the context of the debate (overtuning previous Labour policy to end free movement after Brexit) and how they use the word, it means 'extend free movement after we leave the EU'.

Spin it how you like. But Im not going to take information from any other publications that changes the context to suit their opinion.

An amusing thread. We have the potential of another vicious anti working class Tory govt again and all we do on here is attack labour. Some posters should be ashamed or maybe they are just running scared that their cosy little set ups are going to be disrupted. My heart bleeds ...

Labour have announced Free Fibre Broadband for Businesses and Householders.
    May be difficult to Nationalize this one if they can't come to an agreement with shareholders.
    Would rather they Nationalize this one and drop the Water, Gas, utilities etc.

Just to put the Willy's up some of you I have readthere has been a bit of a surge in labour support recently. Whoa Jeremy is coming to eat your babies and reduce your excesses...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    An amusing thread. We have the potential of another vicious anti working class Tory govt again and all we do on here is attack labour. Some posters should be ashamed or maybe they are just running scared that their cosy little set ups are going to be disrupted. My heart bleeds ...
    roly, my definition of working class is someone who's had to go out to work, worked hard to provide for their family, pay mortgage, rent, bills etc, employed or self-employed....

Then there's the toffs that were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

...it's nice that some people in this country have a steady number millions haven't....

Mine as well casper

...it's nice that some people in this country have a steady number millions haven't....
    I've never had a steady number roly, believe me I've been round the block and done full circle, no moaning, bleating, feeling sorry for myself.

I hope Jeremy does get nearer Boris in the opinion poll, though I wouldn't put all my Faith in them, some come close and some are way out.

Just to cheer you up roly, did you see Boris on the BBC in Doncaster the other day, an old lady said he was " an @rsehole "" lol.

Tweedle, I agree with Kerr that your anger and intolerance of contrary views is getting out of hand. I am not ashamed nor am I running scared and I don't have a cosy little set up. Sometimes you appear to be quite bonkers. Clearly you and the rest of the gang believe in your own moral superiority. That belief is entirely misplaced.

Page 27 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast