+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    There you go again, Tweedle, with this guff about people who "actually care". Care about what? Care about who? Does the fact that I sold my car and stopped taking overseas holidays almost 20 years ago show I care. Does my Corbyn supporting friend in London care when she paid a fortune for private tuition to get her kids into a top school? You tell me. But I'm not impressed with raging's sanctimonious self regard nor (despite warnings from Cam) am I prepared to kiss the rrse of a guy who spends thousands on a jaunt to Africa and gets other people to stump up a fraction of that for charity and claims it really proves he "cares".
    Does the fact that I sold my car and stopped taking overseas holidays almost 20 years ago show I care.

It either shows that you care or you had your car reposessed or you lost your licence or you developed a fear of flying or you have become economical with the truth Take your pick

Mont - the Tory government has been weak on cracking down on bogus traders/ bogus doctors/ bogus website posters, etc. That can't be a good thing

Your pal Nigel Farage seems a little upset this morning roly.
    He's claiming some of his Candidates have been asked to step down by No10.

It's interesting that the Brexit party support appears to be dropping as well. Think Nige's party is being exposed as the one trick pony party it is.People now are getting down to the nitty gritty of what they want and for millions it is quite simple: a decent standard of living. Nige and his party aren't gonna deliver that and everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It's interesting that the Brexit party support appears to be dropping as well. Think Nige's party is being exposed as the one trick pony party it is.People now are getting down to the nitty gritty of what they want and for millions it is quite simple: a decent standard of living. Nige and his party aren't gonna deliver that and everyone knows that.
    Over the last few days Farage has shown his true colours as a right-wing Tory. The election is not just about the EU, but also the government's "austerity" policies. A lot of voters are probably bored with the EU stuff, which has dragged on for years, with one of the main negotiators responsible (unbelievably) now Prime Minister. People should not forget that Farage said that Thatcher "did not go far enough" with the cuts to public services , and he would be happy to dish out more. No thanks!

Fewer people saying that they will vote for the Brexit Party may be something to do with them having dropped out of half or so of the seats. People being surveyed can't say that they intend to vote Brexit Party if there isn't a candidate in their constituency...

Surely that is what they ve been throughout like ukip.
    Once it is done it's done.
    Redundant from then on

This election is like asking a potato if it wants to be boiled, chipped or mashed.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Share price has already dropped 2%-2.5%.
    Yes saw that.

I dont know much about BT but is it the Openreach section they wish to privatise? In term of railways would this be like Network Rail.

The modern way with policy is to put an idea out there to gauge the public reaction before committing. Not sure which way this has gone!!

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes saw that.

I dont know much about BT but is it the Openreach section they wish to privatise? In term of railways would this be like Network Rail.

The modern way with policy is to put an idea out there to gauge the public reaction before committing. Not sure which way this has gone!!
    Not as well as they hoped. Folks realise that businesses like BT feature strongly in pension fund investment portfolios.

Will hit existing private pensions and future pensions.

Page 29 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast