+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 162 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The second reading merely approves the principle of a bill. Amendments are not possible until the committee stage and then in the House of Lords, so, no, the Withdrawal Bill did not get through the 2nd reading with amendments.
    I'm not saying it did. I'm saying that if Johnson wanted to get Brexit done as he says, then he had a majority in principle and, as Clarke said last night, why not take it on to the next stages, put any amendments to the vote and get it over the line. He had nealy 20 labour MPs backing it as well as the ERG. I don't like the bill but would have accepted a majority built around this WA. Can't really see why Johnson didn't take it further at this stage?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I'm not saying it did. I'm saying that if Johnson wanted to get Brexit done as he says, then he had a majority in principle and, as Clarke said last night, why not take it on to the next stages, put any amendments to the vote and get it over the line. He had nealy 20 labour MPs backing it as well as the ERG. I don't like the bill but would have accepted a majority built around this WA. Can't really see why Johnson didn't take it further at this stage?
    As important Brexit is surely there’s other issues to consider post Brexit ?
    I haven’t voted in a GE since 2001, neither has my partner. It’s make your mind up time for us. Worst thing would be a minority government or another Coalition one.
    So many issues that need sorting besides Brexit.
    It could well be a People v Parliament Election.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I haven’t voted in a GE since 2001, neither has my partner. It’s make your mind up time for us. Worst thing would be a minority government or another Coalition one.
    That's true Casp, so many issues to debate. But isn't a People v Parliament election completely about Brexit?

What's happened to the Brexit party by the way? Have they given up? I thought that the BP would be taking all Heartlands seats in an election but all seems to have gone quiet on this? Have die hard Brexiteers now resigned to accepting Johnson's reheated May deal? Or do they have a cunning plan?

That's true Casp, so many issues to debate. But isn't a People v Parliament election completely about Brexit?
    Yes, unfortunately P v P is all about Brexit.

What's happened to the Brexit party by the way? Have they given up? I thought that the BP would be taking all Heartlands seats in an election but all seems to have gone quiet on this? Have die hard Brexiteers now resigned to accepting Johnson's reheated May deal? Or do they have a cunning plan?
    The ‘ Cummings plan ‘ is to win a big majority and then push through Parliament what they want regardless.
    The Tory Propaganda machine has been at work for quite some time.

My opinion is a majority of people just don’t like paying direct Income Tax.

True there’s other issues other than brexit but ever since the last election the only argument labours been banging the drum on since then is preventing brexit and like iv said before until brexit is sorted other issues will take a back seat. I voted labour last time because I think they had some great ideas and respected the Eu referendum, but to be honest I’m not sure I can trust them to do what they say on other issues when they can’t do what they said on brexit. Does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    True there’s other issues other than brexit but ever since the last election the only argument labours been banging the drum on since then is preventing brexit and like iv said before until brexit is sorted other issues will take a back seat. I voted labour last time because I think they had some great ideas and respected the Eu referendum, but to be honest I’m not sure I can trust them to do what they say on other issues when they can’t do what they said on brexit. Does that make any sense?
    Yes it makes sense.
    I come from a different era to you, I go back to Harold Wilson.
    If Labour want to become electable they need to move back to centre, they have to appeal to a broad spectrum of communities rich or poor.
    As far as trust is concerned I wouldn’t trust any of today’s Politicians.
    The Tories are good at bending the truth when it suits.

Satchi and Satchi anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Haven't the other parties been banging the brexit drum with equal fervor though Silly? It is by far the most prominent issue affecting everyone's live in the upcoming years. I think labour have been supportive of leaving the EU and respecting the vote, but the problem is that their preferred method of leaving the EU is quite different to other parties, and the other parties are quite different to Labour's. That's why it's all so ****ed and is most likely to be despite a GE, simply because I can't see an election, where people revert to voting for traditional issues as well as Brexit, returning anything other than a minority government and each of the parties simply taking up the arguments that they had before the election. Unfortunately. But hey, let's give it a go.

Yes it makes sense.
    I come from a different era to you, I go back to Harold Wilson.
    If Labour want to become electable they need to move back to centre, they have to appeal to a broad spectrum of communities rich or poor.
    As far as trust is concerned I wouldn’t trust any of today’s Politicians.
    The Tories are good at bending the truth when it suits.

Satchi and Satchi anyone ?
    Labour are pretty good at bending the truth.Promising students' fees would be abolished and after the election admitted they could not deliver that, after they had captured the youngster's votes which was disgaceful.The fact they were conning students and at the same time telling leavers that they would honour the referendum just to pinch votes was not very honest.If only we could get politicians to sit in a lie detetector chair as they spout their promiises.

Any ****ing point in voting? Majority have been ignored when voting in brexit

I would never vote Corbyn

Page 3 of 162 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast