+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Wish I had roly's finger on the nation's pulse. Apparently all we "simple" folk want is a decent standard of living. Not only that but over a period of a few days the Great British Public has suddenly discerned that the Brexit Party isn't going to deliver that!!?? The fall off in support for the Brexit Party is two-fold. First they have stood down in lots of constituencies. Second quite a few of their own members and supporters are telling people to vote Tory.
    Meanwhile Labour get dafter. Not only a knee jerk leap into broadband privatisation but they are going to provide it free ffs. Corbyn will destroy Labour when a monkey could have won this election and roly and the gang will blame right wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    This election is like asking a potato if it wants to be boiled, chipped or mashed.
    It's worse than that Grist....
    The boiled potatoes have boiled dry....
    The chipped potatoes are burnt....
    And the mash potatoes are missing milk and butter....

This Election reminds me of.....
    Truth - Dare - Kiss - or Promise.

They're ALL doing deals. I get the Idea of tactical voting but that doesn't mean I have to agree or accept it....

Corrupt...the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

They're ALL doing deals. I get the Idea of tactical voting but that doesn't mean I have to agree or accept it....

That Swinson woman is a bit of a laugh though, the way she flaps her hands. I'm sure one day she will get airborne

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Wish I had roly's finger on the nation's pulse. Apparently all we "simple" folk want is a decent standard of living. Not only that but over a period of a few days the Great British Public has suddenly discerned that the Brexit Party isn't going to deliver that!!?? The fall off in support for the Brexit Party is two-fold. First they have stood down in lots of constituencies. Second quite a few of their own members and supporters are telling people to vote Tory.
    Meanwhile Labour get dafter. Not only a knee jerk leap into broadband privatisation but they are going to provide it free ffs. Corbyn will destroy Labour when a monkey could have won this election and roly and the gang will blame right wing media.
    It would be a bonus for most folk to have a decent standard of living after the shyte your lot have dished up over the last few years,

As regards the Brexit Party: Joke Party with a joke leader.Farage and his break off partys from the right wing of the tory party have always amounted to nothing and will continue to do that. A party that appeals to the average sun reader based on xenophobia. Wonder what his next incarnation will be when this project goes tits up?

He's had more incarnations than you and thats saying something.

Vote away for Nige as far as I'm concerned it will stop the torys getting in.

By the way they never stood down candidates in constituencies because in reality they never had enough candidates who were stupid enough to stand for them. It was all made up to feed farages ego a bit like the stuff you put on here for yourself.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

It's a disgrace.

No matter where you live in each country in the UK, you should have the option to vote for any of the mainstream parties you want.

The fall in support for the Brexit party is down to Farage not standing in the election. Shocking decision on his part if he had any expectations to be taken seriously.

As for Swinson, words fail me. Most anti democratic of the lot and that includes wee Jimmy Krankie.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It would be a bonus for most folk to have a decent standard of living after the shyte your lot have dished up over the last few years,

As regards the Brexit Party: Joke Party with a joke leader.Farage and his break off partys from the right wing of the tory party have always amounted to nothing and will continue to do that. Wonder what his next incarnation will be when this project goes tits up?

He's had more incarnations than you and thats saying something.

Vote away for Nige as far as I'm concerned it will stop the torys getting in.
    You're very angry Roly. Calm down lad.

You are looking like the most brainwashed individual on here. I'd love to know your story.

The following cut and paste is definitely from a right of centre source. I happen to agree with most of it.

Some 65 per cent of people born to working class parents have moved up in social class, while 40 per cent of those born to professional-managerial parents have moved down, according to data from the Office for National Statistics’ (ONS) Labour Force Survey.

Of the working class children, a third (34 per cent) had leapfrogged the intermediate class for clerical, sales and service staff and jumped into the top tier of professional and managerial positions.

“This does not look like a static, rigid, closed society; it looks more like a remarkably fluid and open one,”

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    It's a disgrace.

No matter where you live in each country in the UK, you should have the option to vote for any of the mainstream parties you want.

The fall in support for the Brexit party is down to Farage not standing in the election. Shocking decision on his part if he had any expectations to be taken seriously.

As for Swinson, words fail me. Most anti democratic of the lot and that includes wee Jimmy Krankie.
    I can live with the Brexit Party not standing in the South. It's people like Rupert Lowe, a Brexit Party candidate for Dudley North, he had his candidate papers and then less than 10mins before cut off time 4pm he stood down, depriving people who were going to vote for him. Why stand in the first place ?

I won't be getting into bed with Joe Swinson anytime soon...��

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    You're very angry Roly. Calm down lad.

You are looking like the most brainwashed individual on here. I'd love to know your story.

The following cut and paste is definitely from a right of centre source. I happen to agree with most of it.

Some 65 per cent of people born to working class parents have moved up in social class, while 40 per cent of those born to professional-managerial parents have moved down, according to data from the Office for National Statistics’ (ONS) Labour Force Survey.

Of the working class children, a third (34 per cent) had leapfrogged the intermediate class for clerical, sales and service staff and jumped into the top tier of professional and managerial positions.

“This does not look like a static, rigid, closed society; it looks more like a remarkably fluid and open one,”
    Depends what you mean by class Howdy. Always been debatable what class is. You can move to white collar jobs etc but still be poorly paid have crap conditions etc.

I consider myself working class though I have professional qualifications. There is a cultural aspect to it as well.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-11-2019 at 04:56 PM.

I wouldn't claim to be a doctor like some though!

https://www.bsa.natcen.ac.uk/media/3...l-class_v5.pdf

Just to highlight what I was saying about class Howdy. (2016 I know).
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-11-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Page 30 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast