+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 162 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    It isnt funny at all, I have to throw away all my training shoes and purchase new ones with better supports on the arch, very painful indeed
    Yep. Numerous times I've spent good money on what seem to be great fitting shoes that fit great for about 10 wears and then the ache creeps back in again. As Wend says you have to find best combo of shoes, physio stretches, insoles, massage and alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Thanks ex but I don't recall putting a label on myself with the environment. I'm bang average on it and never claimed to be anything else. I only said that I supported the green party above others but that has always been on animal welfare, not the environment. I said once that iwas looking at buying an electric car but was soon shown that there is little evidence that they are a while let better! We've all loads to learn on this, me as much as anyone! And as I say, I've never claimed otherwise. Think it's a couple of mischief makers jumping on my green party support and trying to make the most of it, but not really understand why I support them.
    @ pup, you don't have to justify being a vegan or part vegan, it's your choice.
    Meat eater myself, takes all sorts.

Good Luck on the door knocking in Chingford, hopefully IDS will get his comeuppance.

Agreed Frank
    rps choices are entirely his & I have agreed with him in so doing
    There are some on here however that take great delight in beating him over the head with his "vegan" choice
    the same ones who constantly take the p ss out of his affiliation to his chosen political party

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Agreed Frank
    rps choices are entirely his & I have agreed with him in so doing
    There are some on here however that take great delight in beating him over the head with his "vegan" choice
    the same ones who constantly take the p ss out of his affiliation to his chosen political party
    That's as maybe and don't mind that. I was just confuzzed as to why I should be more responsible than anyone else for my choice in shoe materials

That's as maybe and don't mind that. I was just confuzzed as to why I should be more responsible than anyone else for my choice in shoe materials
    Have you considered Dutch clogs?
    I understand they are surprisingly comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Have you considered Dutch clogs?
    I understand they are surprisingly comfortable
    lol. I'm all for trying anything, but to a plantar sufferer, the idea of walking on wood makes by paws ache

Talking about footwear and saving the planet.. a genuine question...i have just bought some new wellys which bin if any should my owd uns go in?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Talking about footwear and saving the planet.. a genuine question...i have just bought some new wellys which bin if any should my owd uns go in?
    I'd chuck them in the incinerator preferably while you're wearing them you oaf.

I went vegan in 1997 Kerr apart from 2 years when cheese got the better of me in the early 00s. Was nowt to do with the environment. Don't wear leather obviously but guess we all need to think about alternatives to plastic and non biodegradables. Hard enough to buy good wearing non leather shoes as it is, especially as long term sufferer of plantar fasciitis.

Where did I say I had strong views on the environment by the way? The only thing I can recall is stating my preference for the green party but that is hugely influenced by their commitment to animal welfare that no other party can match. But that's all. I'm well intentioned on global warming, recycle as much as the council will let me but not as up to date as you appear to be on environmental issues. But I don't claim to be do I?
    I seem to have caused upset when none was intended raging. I was merely curious about how vegans with strong views on the environment managed to square the footwear circle (and avoid sweaty feet from wearing plastic). If you are not that guy then fair enough, but you did recently mention paying to offset your carbon footprint when you fly and other pro-environment messages, so it went beyond voting green.

Good luck with the plantar fasciitis. I have never suffered from it myself, but I know someone who does.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I'd chuck them in the incinerator preferably while you're wearing them you oaf.
    I'm not sure that this sort of abuse of posters is tolerated on here. It won't attract new posters do you think? You really have to calm this nasty side of your nature...deep breath and try to be a bit more polite... a smiley at the end might have made it a bit more tolerable...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-11-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Page 52 of 162 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast