+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 162 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Yes, the ifs have their opinion. But other financial institutions have theirs :and put over opposing arguments to the ifs. Why should you only quote the ifs? Because it mirrors your own views? We can all do that. And do. Just some are more willing to accept it, but instead you write their opinion as fact.

So again, you are saying what you would not do as opposed to other parties. What would you actually do was my question?
    If other financial institutions have their opinions, why don't you put up a link?

What was the source of your assertion that Labour's plans would leave us with tax rates on income and corporates being the same as Germany? I'm open about my sources. Why are you so coy?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Didn't make myself clear again ( my bad )
    1p on average income earners to around 90k and then raise the tax bands like they are proposing to do.
    Won't be enough but every little counts.
    Have a look at Amazon, Google, Facebook. Especially Amazon, unless it's changed the shares they're giving to their employees is offsetting Corporation Tax and I'm not sure if they're still using Luxembourg or if that's ceased.
    Stop people squirreling mega cash in off-shore accounts.
    Still won't be enough but it's a start.
    Yes, I believe that Amazon still structures its business so as to declare a lot of its profits in Luxembourg. Apple and Microsoft prefer Ireland. The reason they do it is because those countries have corporate tax levels that make paying taxes there more attractive than in the UK.

We could impose transaction taxes on Amazon (although the US has warned that they will retaliate against British companies) making them pay taxes on all transactions made in the UK. The problem with that is that Amazon are hardly likely to decide to pay that themselves. They will pass it to their customers and as the link that I put up for Roly demonstrates, indirect taxes like that hit the poorest harder than they do the wealthy.

Stopping people offshoring their money costs money. See above for my comments upon whether it is likely to be revenue raiser.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    If other financial institutions have their opinions, why don't you put up a link?

What was the source of your assertion that Labour's plans would leave us with tax rates on income and corporates being the same as Germany? I'm open about my sources. Why are you so coy?
    Working at moment and only on mobile at work. Will post tomorrow on this with opposite views to ifs but astonished you can't find it yourself. Haven't you googled it?

And I'll ask again. What policies world you like to see raise the money that our services need? Why are you struggling with that?

Our Jo is on form tonight. Superb performance on Question Time.

In fairness Kerr, Labour aren't proposing 1%across the board I presume for that very reason. Even with the proposed rises on high earners, the tax increase is only a small proportion of what they have costed.

In short it would take us from an average investor in public services into the top band along with Germany, with tax rates on income and corporates being the same. As I've said many times, you can say money will fly, but it needs to be able to fly to that is cheaper, and not many countries are cheaper than what Labour are proposing for any tax payers.

I have several issues with the labour manifesto. The broadband, free higher education for higher income families, free dental treatment for the same. If like to see those means tested and less on tax if that would make a realistic difference.

But speaking as someone whose every family member now works in the public sector or charities, something radical has to be done as services are desperately short. I'm all for you dissecting suggestions that any party puts forward, but if like to hear more from you about how the huge finances can be raised to improve services? Even the government have given up on the idea of tax cuts for corporations as a means of raising money (although they will once voted in I'm sure) so how else do you think we can do it?
    Kerr’ I did say IF it raised £40b. Wasn’t really the point I was making.

Raging, I see Labour are not proposing 1p across the board.

You’ll have your fingers crossed you miss the earnings threshold any extra taxation kicks in.

Spending other people’s money and all that 🤔

Can you seriously take that manifesto seriously?

Talk about blind faith.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    F@ck off.

Strong stuff that. Can we come round to your house.😂😂😂

Working at moment and only on mobile at work. Will post tomorrow on this with opposite views to ifs but astonished you can't find it yourself. Haven't you googled it?

And I'll ask again. What policies world you like to see raise the money that our services need? Why are you struggling with that?
    Doesn't Google work on your phone? Why do I have to wait until tomorrow? Waiting for help?

What was the source of your assertion that Labour's plans would leave us with tax rates on income and corporates being the same as Germany? Would I be right in thinking that you got 'help' on that too?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Tough audience.

I need help gents. I'm really struggling to decide who to vote for.
    Boris the bafoon is full of lies and is one person I would never want as a leader.
    Corbin would either revoke article 50 or come up with such a poor deal the 2nd referendum would have no choice but to vote remain.
    Jo leading the LD is going to get one of the lowest number of seats that I can recall.
    Farage and the brexit party. He always talks a good session but he's like a snake. .

What I think will happen is labour/SNP and prob LD will team up in the red corner and cons and brexit party in the blue corner. We will be back to square one.

Omg Jo has taken one hell of a beating

Page 58 of 162 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast