+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    And here's a bit of evidence for you, Wan:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50536205
    https://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/energy/20...tion-networks/

Nice blog, Zyles. What point are you trying to make?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Nice blog, Zyles. What point are you trying to make?
    I think you know

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    I agree but hardly anyone in Rotherham will vote Conservatives which is why I will vote Brexit party.
    I think more people will than usual this time and the leave vote will be split so unfortunately Labour will still win.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I think more people will than usual this time and the leave vote will be split so unfortunately Labour will still win.
    I disagree.
    I would expect Rother Valley to put a Brexit Party candidate into Westminster.
    The other two have nowhere near the majorities that the likes of Peter Hardy had in the late 90's.
    A lot of people I speak to in our local voted leave to give Cameron a bloody nose. ( and it did )
    When push comes to shove it may depend how strong their views are on leaving three and a half years down the line.
    Either way there's going to be at least 50 new MP's in Parliament.
    Just hope there's not a hung Parliament otherwise we could be going round in circles for a while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Me and mi dad were there on the picket lines at Hadfields. Still got the stickers to prove it.Always remember my dad singing over a high ranking copper when he was trying to lecture our picketing group on how we should behave. The copper wasn't too pleased. Was worried mi dad might get arrested i was only a young lad...Didn't do the mass picket don't think mi dad would let me because he knew the rozzers would get rough...
    My dad worked at British steel which is now magna il never forget him coming home telling my mum about miners and how they were laying steel workers off, my dad saw which way it was going and took a weekend job as a support worker until he could go full time then he quit the steel works a week later they laid everybody off. Funny enough he doesn’t just blame thatcher he blames labour mps for doing nothing to help too.

The thing is would people still have a job in mine and steel now if thatcher didn’t close the mine? I seriously doubt it with all renewable energy today, environmental issues and cheap Chinese steel flooding market I doubt they could keep open Without Chinese buying it and to prove my Point just look at tata steel this year.

I think what pisses people off isn’t that Tory’s shut the mines it was how they sprung it on people.

But what I don’t get is if thatcher is the reason we don’t vote Tory around here why haven’t Tory’s got a seat before that? Isn’t it because of Years of brainwashing And labour propaganda aimed at people in South Yorkshire?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    My dad worked at British steel which is now magna il never forget him coming home telling my mum about miners and how they were laying steel workers off, my dad saw which way it was going and took a weekend job as a support worker until he could go full time then he quit the steel works a week later they laid everybody off. Funny enough he doesn’t just blame thatcher he blames labour mps for doing nothing to help too.

The thing is would people still have a job in mine and steel now if thatcher didn’t close the mine? I seriously doubt it with all renewable energy today, environmental issues and cheap Chinese steel flooding market I doubt they could keep open Without Chinese buying it and to prove my Point just look at tata steel this year.

I think what pisses people off isn’t that Tory’s shut the mines it was how they sprung it on people.

But what I don’t get is if thatcher is the reason we don’t vote Tory around here why haven’t Tory’s got a seat before that? Isn’t it because of Years of brainwashing And labour propaganda aimed at people in South Yorkshire?
    Germany still have coal-fired power stations, they had to keep them as they decided to close all their nuclear power stations after the ***ushima disaster.

The problem with Labour is that they have no incentive to improve the lives of people who vote for them because they will then very likely vote Tory or Lib Dem.

So they keep people poor and voting Labour and import even more poor people to vote for them.
    Last edited by great_fire; 25-11-2019 at 12:32 AM.

[QUOTE=great_fire;

The problem with Labour is that they have no incentive to improve the lives of people who vote for them because they will then very likely vote Tory or Lib.[/QUOTE]

The problem with Labour is the better Labour MP’s are on the backbenches, and they’re still celebrating losing the 2017 Election.
    They need a reality check and ought to go door knocking and ask Joe Public why they’re not prepared to vote Labour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50524262

Conservative Manifesto
    13 key policies explained.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 25-11-2019 at 03:23 AM.

Page 66 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast