+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

To use a football analogy, the Tories best course of action now is to take the ball into the corner and run down the clock. If Boris swerves interviews people may draw their own conclusions, but they might not be as bad as if he does the interviews.

Labour can't win now unless their a major cock up, and there's less chance of that if dangerous situations are avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    To use a football analogy, the Tories best course of action now is to take the ball into the corner and run down the clock. If Boris swerves interviews people may draw their own conclusions, but they might not be as bad as if he does the interviews.

Labour can't win now unless their a major cock up, and there's less chance of that if dangerous situations are avoided.
    Ah but this is the age of the media storm.

The day before the election somebody drags a skeleton out of the cupboard to poison voters minds.

Such is the trial by media it doesn’t even have to be true.

I'm not voting, pointless in Rotherham we all know who will get in...stick a red rosette on a pile of dog poo and the good folk of Rotherham will vote it in Q what has Rotherham ..Rochdale ..oxford...have in common?..no not league1 they are labour run councils and have a problem with grooming gangs,but at least they will vote labour I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post

Ah so the best course of action for the tories is to make sure they keep their heads down so nowt nasty about em comes out. What have they got to hide then Lasterman? So you trust a party that is hiding the truth? Selling off of the NHS perhaps? Something worse than that maybe? Wow!

What scandals are they hiding? I think the electorate should know...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 27-11-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cupid-stunt View Post
    I'm not voting, pointless in Rotherham we all know who will get in...stick a red rosette on a pile of dog poo and the good folk of Rotherham will vote it in Q what has Rotherham ..Rochdale ..oxford...have in common?..no not league1 they are labour run councils and have a problem with grooming gangs,but at least they will vote labour I suppose!
    Red rosette on a pile of dog poo?

You must live near to me then.

I’ve decided to vote, just to try to give the dog poo a smaller majority

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ah but this is the age of the media storm.

The day before the election somebody drags a skeleton out of the cupboard to poison voters minds.

Such is the trial by media it doesn’t even have to be true.
    God ain’t that the truth dam grist your a smart chap

Yeah I can imagine it now some bs story lands about how Boris Johnson is really a Sith Lord on the run from the new Jedi order on Election Day and being it leaked on Election Day there’s no time to prove it’s wrong.

You know what makes me sick the most is Corbyn and his band of lying men are making the torys look like honest people and il be honest that bloody creeps me out fella.

On another note they go on and on, on news saying people have become polarised because of brexit but that’s not entirely true don’t you think? I mean look at some labour voters and some Tory voters even if the party they supported said in their manifesto they will kidnap their kids and sell them as a delicacy to a Chinese restaurant in Beijing, they would still vote for that party out of tradition or stubbornness, for example did you see that woman on itv news tonight when they was interviewing people in a gym I quote “I’ve voted labour all my life and I will vote labour this time too?” Is this what our democracy is now? A loyalty card you get stamped after every time you vote? Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by cupid-stunt View Post

I’m going to vote in protest I honestly think both party’s are bad but if my vote and grists can make labour take notice of us again then I will be satisfied with a one off

Yes it won’t likely to happen too many (what do you call someone thicker than a guy with learning disabilities?) too many of them anyway, but even if it don’t happen it won’t be because of me not trying

On another topic do you think party’s should have memberships? Isn’t it like locking people into that party regardless of policy?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    God ain’t that the truth dam grist your a smart chap

Yeah I can imagine it now some bs story lands about how Boris Johnson is really a Sith Lord on the run from the new Jedi order on Election Day and being it leaked on Election Day there’s no time to prove it’s wrong.

You know what makes me sick the most is Corbyn and his band of lying men are making the torys look like honest people and il be honest that bloody creeps me out fella.

On another note they go on and on, on news saying people have become polarised because of brexit but that’s not entirely true don’t you think? I mean look at some labour voters and some Tory voters even if the party they supported said in their manifesto they will kidnap their kids and sell them as a delicacy to a Chinese restaurant in Beijing, they would still vote for that party out of tradition or stubbornness, for example did you see that woman on itv news tonight when they was interviewing people in a gym I quote “I’ve voted labour all my life and I will vote labour this time too?” Is this what our democracy is now? A loyalty card you get stamped after every time you vote? Ffs

Lol

Just had a thought.

The eve of the election and Jeremy Corbyn whips out his Lightsabre and says “ Boris, I am your father”

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9218236.html

Wow, hide ya dosh you richys on here Corbys a coming for ya!

And Nige's party? Whats happening to them? What a joke they have turned out to be! What a wan ker! I'm likely to get more votes for my cooking skills from our lass!
    I wouldn't crack open the champagne just yet rolymiller, this opinion poll has BJ with a 68 seat majority, your worst nightmare.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-Tories.html

Opinion polls have been wrong before, example 2017 election when Theresa May was 17 points in front and a hung parliament was the result.
    Difference this time is the Labour heartlands are about to turn ' blue '
    Dominic Cummings says " the result looks tighter than what it is ". He should know he's orchestrating the the Cons campaign.
    This one is from Yougov that predicted the 2017 result correct.
    One from Comres has Labour 7 points behind, all so confusing and could be way off the mark.

Farage can still do some damage to Labour and Conservatives in the north.
    Last edited by Godsend.F.C.; 28-11-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Page 81 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast