+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 142 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1618

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not the sort of change I want to embrace silly and whatever the result toneet millions will agree with that...whoever gets through the winning post tonight the biggest majority of people will not have voted for those policies. Its the same with your slavish argument for Brexit. Ok. 17.4 m voted for it? How many voted against 16, odd million people. How many didnt vote at all? So are you saying we have to ignore the views of a majority of people in this country? Should we tell 36m people to get a grip of themselves for the minority 17m? You would be a brave man. You talk on here as tho 56m people were for brexit and 1 person was against it
    You have a point but that 30% who didn’t vote on the referendum like yourself have no right to complain when your couldn’t be assed to vote on a stupid question as you put it.

I believe in democracy we have never got 100% in elections ether does that mean we should send all them votes to brexit part because they didn’t vote? Your assuming that the people who couldn’t vote in the referendum would vote remain therefore I’m assuming everyone who didn’t vote today would vote brexit party see how f up that is?

Yet you still voted Tory? What will you say if you or a member of your family cant get a hospital bed in future? Will you not regret helping to put in power a party who made these promises at the election and failed to carry em out...
    What would you say if Corbyn sent us into another recession with his over spending and you had to go to a food bank that had no food because everyone else is broke too?

Your talking to a guy who’s spent 7 hours in A&E roly due to lack off staff on I know how bad it is but do you seriously think free movement with not just eu but the world will create more beds roly? I seriously doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Used to work for one fella

Not going to deny that they are thieves and cheats but there’s still a lot of people who work for them in call centres now what will happen if one gives free broadband?

Yes everyone will switch and anyone in the other company’s will be out on dole ( it’s a bad idea)
    Try ringing most of the broadband providers I tihnk you will find yourself trying to make yourself understood to some guy in India/Pakistan
    Not even in this country
    Total joke

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Where do you get 36m who are against Brexit from? Do you just make things up in your head?
    No think again pudding i didn't say that. I am including ones that didn't vote at all myself included.

I know exile but a lot of broadband call centre jobs are in U.K as well

How many voted against 16, odd million people. How many didnt vote at all? So are you saying we have to ignore the views of a majority of people in this country? Should we tell 36m people to get a grip of themselves for the minority 17m
    So what are you actually saying here when you say "should we tell 36m people to get a grip of themselves for the minority 17"?

It looks like you are making out that they have a different view to the 17m i.e. against Brexit.

Don't start with the name calling either!!!!

The referendum question should have been something like this:

Do you wan to leave the EU without a deal?

Do you want to leave the EU with a deal?

Do you want to remain?

Underneath that there should have been a statement saying something on the lines of: if the majority want to leave with a deal there will be another referendum which would give you the option of voting whether you should accept that deal or not.

So. in my case, and I suspect millions of others I would have voted for the 2nd option instead of not voting at all and then I would have made my choice at the second referendum assuming my choice gained most votes.

Basically we would have had a clearer image how this was going to pan out and the flawed question in the first place has basically wasted 3 years.

It could also be argued that before putting the original referendum to the people that the in and ours of the potential result should have been explained in more detail so people knew exactly what they might get from a particular outcome. We don't even know what we are gonna get now if we come out for sure do we?

Before anyone moans at me, if voters still went for the leave with no deal option I would accept that because I will have had my say. The original referendum didn't allow me to have my say nor millions of others because it wasn't an option on the paper.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 12-12-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    What would you say if Corbyn sent us into another recession with his over spending and you had to go to a food bank that had no food because everyone else is broke too?

Your talking to a guy who’s spent 7 hours in A&E roly due to lack off staff on I know how bad it is but do you seriously think free movement with not just eu but the world will create more beds roly? I seriously doubt it
    You are aware I take it that the tories have cut hospital beds by 17k .

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    So what are you actually saying here when you say "should we tell 36m people to get a grip of themselves for the minority 17"?

It looks like you are making out that they have a different view to the 17m i.e. against Brexit.

Don't start with the name calling either!!!!
    Come on you've been called worse, I have.

See above Shark, what I am saying is that many didn't want either of these options but something different. Their opinion was not catered for so they were disenfranchised.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 12-12-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You are aware I take it that the tories have cut hospital beds by 17k .
    Yes I am I’m also aware that they cut benefits police fk I can go on but yes I’m aware

Page 142 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast