+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 162 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

FT "If Labour’s proposals for public spending were implemented they would add a little over 6 percentage points to the share of public spending as a proportion of gross domestic product, raising the level to roughly 44 per cent. That figure is not out of line with countries such as Germany and still below France."

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Our Jo is on form tonight. Superb performance on Question Time.
    Ha ha...she back tracked on most questions she was asked about when she helped the Tories vote through what they wanted in a coalition.....
    Definitely not to be trusted any more than Boris or Jeremy..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I need help gents. I'm really struggling to decide who to vote for.
    Boris the bafoon is full of lies and is one person I would never want as a leader.
    Corbin would either revoke article 50 or come up with such a poor deal the 2nd referendum would have no choice but to vote remain.
    Jo leading the LD is going to get one of the lowest number of seats that I can recall.
    Farage and the brexit party. He always talks a good session but he's like a snake. .

What I think will happen is labour/SNP and prob LD will team up in the red corner and cons and brexit party in the blue corner. We will be back to square one.
    It's all a bit crap isn't? I can't say that I want either Johnson or Corbyn to be PM.

I fear a further hung Parliament and yet more uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Ha ha...she back tracked on most questions she was asked about when she helped the Tories vote through what they wanted in a coalition.....
    Definitely not to be trusted any more than Boris or Jeremy..lol.
    I thought that she did ok in the face of an unsympathetic audience. Coalition government means compromise and compromise means that you don't always get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I need help gents. I'm really struggling to decide who to vote for.
    Boris the bafoon is full of lies and is one person I would never want as a leader.
    Corbin would either revoke article 50 or come up with such a poor deal the 2nd referendum would have no choice but to vote remain.
    Jo leading the LD is going to get one of the lowest number of seats that I can recall.
    Farage and the brexit party. He always talks a good session but he's like a snake. .

What I think will happen is labour/SNP and prob LD will team up in the red corner and cons and brexit party in the blue corner. We will be back to square one.
    Jeremy Corbyn won't revoke article 50, if in power, Lib Dems will.
    Labour will more than likely negotiate a softer Brexit and another referendum to decide whether to accept or remain. He may take a neutral stance and let the public decide AGAIN.
    Looking at sitting this one out although I'm leaning towards Labour.
    Could be a landslide Tory victory or worst case scenario a hung Parliament.

This is like trump vs Clinton two bad choices to choose from a guy with a party who wants to remain vs a fool with a party full of schemers

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I thought that she did ok in the face of an unsympathetic audience. Coalition government means compromise and compromise means that you don't always get what you want.
    She didn't go down too well with the audience.
    Compromise yes, not rolling over, rhetoric and sound bites to gain votes.
    She won't be getting my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    FT "If Labour’s proposals for public spending were implemented they would add a little over 6 percentage points to the share of public spending as a proportion of gross domestic product, raising the level to roughly 44 per cent. That figure is not out of line with countries such as Germany and still below France."
    FT 'Labour’s radical election manifesto would create the harshest tax regime on business income among large advanced economies, according to comparable international tax data.'

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Jeremy Corbyn won't revoke article 50, if in power, Lib Dems will.
    Labour will more than likely negotiate a softer Brexit and another referendum to decide whether to accept or remain. He may take a neutral stance and let the public decide AGAIN.
    Looking at sitting this one out although I'm leaning towards Labour.
    Could be a landslide Tory victory or worst case scenario a hung Parliament.
    This is what really winds me up over Corbyn/labour..
    He says, if in power he will get a deal then let the people decide. Everyone knows he will go for a extremely soft Brexit. Let the people vote. He's basically diluting the brexitiers
    Once the dust settles he can't be blamed as it was the people who decided.. another snake.

Labour certainly drawn the battle lines.

Page 59 of 162 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast