+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1618

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Well here's the thing, Godsend. Yesterday, I was looking at a case where a witness to an incident gives a clear and detailed account of what happened. She was well placed to see and completely independent. The CCTV of the incident shows that she is also completely wrong.

Labour has spun the story with yet more manufactured outrage and, unsurprisingly, The Guardian has picked it up and run with. The Sun has, unsurprisingly run with a different angle - that Momentum had put together a rent a mob to 'kick off' for the media:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...-hospital/amp/

What appears to be beyond doubt is that a mob turned up at the hospital and the aide was struck in the face. I haven't been able to find any detail about who from the Tory Party, if anyone, put the punch story out, but maybe they were like my witness?
    I suggest you look at the footage again,this time without your Tory glasses on
    Struck in the face?
    Perhaps you would care to reconsider that claim
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 10-12-2019 at 06:17 AM.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, Zyles. The aide was clearly struck to the face, albeit accidentally, I would say. Are you seriously claiming there was no contact?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, Zyles. The aide was clearly struck to the face, albeit accidentally, I would say. Are you seriously claiming there was no contact?
    You now add the word "accidentally"
    Your previous assertion of "struck in the face" was wholly fallacious
    Semantics You know exactly what point I'm making If not you are not as astute as you try to make out

& right on cue Kerr logs off
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 10-12-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You now add the word "accidentally"
    Your previous assertion of "struck in the face" was wholly fallacious
    Semantics You know exactly what point I'm making If not you are not as astute as you try to make out

& right on cue Kerr logs off
    Could be legitimately claimed that the aide walked into the outstreched arm of the protester
    May even be claimed that it was deliberate seeing as how the aide could see where he was going Protester facing the other way
    Could even be considered as simulation

Astonished that some on here are claiming the photo to be faked. Every newspaper is reporting it as fact including the Mail, Express and The Sun. I can't find anyone reporting at as a hoax in the main papers. Don't you think that if the kid's Mum had taken her kid off his luxury NHS bed, laid him down on a few coats and clumsily dropped an IV bag/face mask next to him, the hospital would have shown the media his hospital bed number, records of entry and route to the bed, that the tory media would have gone hysterical at such a Momentum con, showing how low Corbyn (for he was doubtlessly behind it!) will go? So, the Hospital accepts it, the media accepts it and even Boris ****ing Johnson and the Conservative Party accept it.

Prob agree with Kerr, Johnson should have just looked at the photo, offered a genuine apology and given the phone back. I don't think the photo will have cost votes, we all know what happens in hospitals. But his response might cost a few. Only a few mind.

I'm not suggesting for a second that the photo was faked. I'm saying that we don't know the circumstances in which it was taken.

I gather that the parents are complaining that the photo was used without their permission. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Astonished that some on here are claiming the photo to be faked. Every newspaper is reporting it as fact including the Mail, Express and The Sun. I can't find anyone reporting at as a hoax in the main papers. Don't you think that if the kid's Mum had taken her kid off his luxury NHS bed, laid him down on a few coats and clumsily dropped an IV bag/face mask next to him, the hospital would have shown the media his hospital bed number, records of entry and route to the bed, that the tory media would have gone hysterical at such a Momentum con, showing how low Corbyn (for he was doubtlessly behind it!) will go? So, the Hospital accepts it, the media accepts it and even Boris ****ing Johnson and the Conservative Party accept it.

Prob agree with Kerr, Johnson should have just looked at the photo, offered a genuine apology and given the phone back. I don't think the photo will have cost votes, we all know what happens in hospitals. But his response might cost a few. Only a few mind.

If the photo is faked then the parents need to be confronted and if the photo has been used without permission that also needs calling out.
    It all comes down to what you are prepared to accept as truth on Social Media, we all know a small story morphs into something major by exaggeration.
    The Sun retracted its headline of ' assault ' and changed it to ' accidental '
    Kussenberg and Peston also retracted what they posted up and apologized.
    Johnson for some inexplicable reason put the phone in his pocket.
    Mountain out of a molehill for me.

Having used the NHS quite often I've nothing but praise for frontline staff in A&E,quite hectic at times, spent plenty of time waiting for a bed, never had to lay on the floor though.

I've finally decided. Not 100% happy but there you go. I've decided that for me (for me) a majority Tory government is unacceptable. I have studied the polls and a majority Corbyn govt is an impossibility. A minority Labour govt with Lib Dem and SNP support is possible and I'm quite happy for the Scots to have another Independence vote. My constituency is a Tory/Labour marginal so I'm voting tactically for Labour. If Johnson, Rees Mogg and a bunch of Tory right wingers take charge and I didn't vote to try and stop them I couldn't look at myself in the mirror. So Labour it is. I still expect a Tory majority.

It's an interesting one, Wendun. I can't see the DUP propping up a minority Tory government whilst the Johnson deal is on the table and I don't think the Lib Dems will support a government led by Corbyn.

I think a hung Parliament will mean another GE in the New Year and the need for someone to ask an increasingly frustrated EU for a Brexit extension if we are to avoid a no deal exit by default.

It's an interesting one, Wendun. I can't see the DUP propping up a minority Tory government whilst the Johnson deal is on the table and I don't think the Lib Dems will support a government led by Corbyn.

I think a hung Parliament will mean another GE in the New Year and the need for someone to ask an increasingly frustrated EU for a Brexit extension if we are to avoid a no deal exit by default.
    Kerr, I can't remember ever having been faced with such an unpalatable set of choices in a GE. I get a distinct feeling of fin de siecle; our politicians are fiddling while Rome - in the shape of the Environment, NHS, Education and Social care, the growing threat of Russia and China, social media and fake news spiralling out of control - burns. The political system seems no longer fit for purpose: vast issues require a technocratic solution and a consensus and we seem incapable of meeting the challenges. I'm just not prepared to give BJ anything he can proclaim as a mandate.

Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast